Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is Single_Sign_On_via_SNC without 3rd party tools supported by SAP?

thomas_tancheephong
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi all,

I have a question here, i have follow the step which mentioned by REALTECH in this link [http://www.realtech.com/winternational/pdf/consulting/whitepaper/sap_single_sign-on_und_secure_connections_via_snc_adapter_basierend_auf_kerberosv5_en.pdf]

is this method supported by SAP?

If i get any problems with this will SAP help us on this?

Thanks,

Regards,

Thomas

5 REPLIES 5

tim_alsop
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Thomas,

The answer to your question is in the document you gave the link to. In section 1.1.2 it mentions a SAP note 150380 - this note describes that SAP do not support MIT Kerberos. You are on your own if you use this method. This is why there are many SAP certified commercially available solutions that use Kerberos, and are available on Linux.

Also, I suggest you try this:

In step 2.1 it mentions creating a service user. Lets suppose this user is called abcadm for purposes of this example.

Now run the following command about 5 times on your linux server, or any other linux server configured to use the same domain.

kinit abcadm

<when prompted for password, enter any random/incorrect password, e.g. 12345>

After running above command about 5 times, restart SAP and observe the outcome...

Thanks,

Tim

0 Kudos

Hi Tim,

Thanks for your explanation, but we are using OS kerberos, which add-on product in Linux SUSE 10, and the kerberos DLL files installed in client PC get it from SapNote: 352295.

In this case still will not get support by SAP?

Thanks,

Regards,

Thomas

tim_alsop
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Thomas,

The Linux Kerberos is MIT Kerberos. You need to read the SAP note I mentioned, and you will see that MIT Kerberos is not supported by SAP.

Did you try the test I suggested using kinit ? I think you will find the result useful.

Thanks,

Tim

0 Kudos

I have read the SAP note which you mentioned, but i haven tried the suggestion which you mention,

How about you just tell me the result will be faster ^^

Thanks,

tim_alsop
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Thomas,

Result = denial-of-service (e.g. SAP won't start)

Tim