cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SNC username in uppercase will not work. How to change the settings?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

1. We are using SSO.

2. SNC user name in uppercase will fail. Eg: USERID@ domain.com

3. In SU01, we change "USERID" to lower case userid@ domain.com then SSO will work.

4. In LDAP, the names is uppercase.

Please advise if there is a way to change the settings in SAP so that it is not case sensitive?

Regards,

Jacky

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Update:

This was resolved by adding additional AC field in Configuration > Field Mapping > LDAP Mapping > Additional field > SAP_User_ID and map it to a LDAP fields which lowercase user id.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

We have exactly the same issue. We went live with AC10 in July and we have an OSS message open but no way to get a solution. Finally, they proposed to create a request on the Idea place and if several customers are voting for it they will take this in account in any of the next release.

As we can't autmoatically generate the SNC name we asked the people that create the request to enter the SNC name manually respective the case sensitivity but you can't avoid human errors and the impact on the user community is not good when they receive the notification that their access has been created and they can't finally access it by signle sign-on due to the SNC name that has been wrongly entered in the access request  and provisioned.

I don't understand why SAP is not taken this issue more seriously in account. At least to provide any work around to be able to generate the SNC name respecting the case sensitivity.

Could you share in details what you did to get the SNC name as "p:username@DOMAIN".

Did you map it using LDAPMAP tcode ? Did you create a specific AC field mapping in the IMG under "Maintain Mapping for Actions and Connector Groups" for hte LDAP connector ?

Thanks in advance for your feedback.
Patrick.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Patrick,

Is it possible that your issue is addressed in Note 1594909, which is in SP5?

REF:

Symptom

The SNC name gets provisioned only in the upper case even if the name is in lower case or mixed case. The SNC name is always converted to uppercase before provisioning. Because of this the SSO does not work for some users.

Good luck!

Regards,

Gretchen

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gretchen,

We are on GRC 10.0 SP8 and this correction is therefore already applied.

In EUP, in the SNC name field we put "p:#!#USERID#!#@DOMAIN name in uppercase".

Per SAP, the GRC  USERID variable field is in fact taken the sap userid content when it's created on the backend system.

We currently have the userid in lowercase in the LDAP field name sAMAccountName and we mapped it to the AC field SNCNAME in the IMG under "Maintain Mapping for Actions and Connector Groups.

By doing this the EUP setting is not taken in account and we can see in the access request form that the snc field has the userid in lowercase but from there we don't knwo how to automatically add the constant  p: in lowercase before this userid variable and Domain name constant in uppercase after it to get the complete SNC name as mentioned above.

Any thoughts to get there ?

Thanks in advance.
Patrick.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Patrick,

Sorry, I am not an expert in this area; I just know that inconsistent case of the user ID was a pain point in SSO at previous employer and was the cause of problems at a client's GRC project I was on earlier this year. The workaround you described sounds quite painful; a configurable option of making SNC case insensitive sounds to me like the most elegant solution. If this suggestion is already in Idea Place, I would gladly vote for it.

Regards,

Gretchen

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gretchen,

Finally, SAP released the OSS note 1760244 that created the new variable USERID_L and we added in our EUP settings to generate the SNC name automatically.

We applied it in our production system last week and it works fine.

It was hard to obtain but we got it after several weeks of discussions.

This will help other customers that will use GRC AC 10.

Patrick.

Thanks.

Former Member
0 Kudos

SAP replied there is no selection to change SNC to case insensitive.

Creation of new function module would be our only choice.

Former Member
0 Kudos

If you are using Microsoft Active Directory you should look at the userPrincipalName attribute in LDAP, not the samAccountName. The name portion of the userPrincipalName will be in th exact case as required by Kerberos SSO.

We encountered a simillar issue when trying to populate SSO information for new users from our LDAP (MS AD) using tcode LDAP. The SSO data field in SU01 needs to be in the format "p:username@DOMAIN" where the domain must be in all caps. The MS AD userPrincipalName attribute contains the domain in all lower-case.

The solution was to create a couple of function module to use within the tcode LDAP field mapping screens. One of the FM adds the "p:" and changes the domain of the userPrincipalName to all-caps, and the other FM ticks the checkbox for "allow insecure logon" so that the user may still log in via username / password.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Joe,

currently I am facing the exact same situation.

We have from LDAP the field userPrincipalName = <xxx>@<domain> but we need the SNC field to look like p:<xxx>@<DOMAIN>

Would it be possible for you to give me those two function modules and tell me where I have to put themn to convert from <xxx>@<domain> to p:<xxx>@<DOMAIN>?

In our case we don't need the Checkbox "allow insecure logon" ticked as we allow this systemwide via profileparameter.

Regards,

Niklas

Message was edited by: Niklas Theis Edit 31.01.2014 - 11:34 Our development Team added the modification to the corresponding include so that this works.