cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP IDES ECC 6.0 Ehp4 with Oracle 11g

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I am thinking of trying an installation of SAP IDES ECC 6.0 with Ehp4 on Oracle 11g (on windows 2008 server x64) and I really don't know where to start. Could anyone enlighten me with the steps? Like Detailed steps?

Thank you very much in advance

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

bharathyp
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Mr Iqbal, have you managed to complete the installation I am also in the same spot as you, was hoping you could help me...tks

Former Member
0 Kudos

To install SAP applications you need to follow installation guide specific to your applications. Which you can obtain from

service.sap.com/instguides. In your case expand the link SAP Business Suite Applications --> SAP ERP

Former Member
0 Kudos

I was hoping for a bit more than this. It is not like I don't know anything. I just don't know the specifics.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I was hoping for a bit more than this. It is not like I don't know anything. I just don't know the specifics.

As Sunil suggested you can find the related information the link, below;

http://service.sap.com/~form/sapnet?_SHORTKEY=01100035870000670917&_SCENARIO=01100035870000000112&_O...

On the page, you can choose related link and apply the installation guide, step by step.

Additionally, I suggest you that the following sequence at the installation steps;

1) Patch your OS

2) Perform required OS prerequisite configurations

3) Install Oracle 11g

4) Patch Oracle 11g (https://service.sap.com/swdc -> Database patches). You will find the requeired installation steps, in readme files in each patch file

5) Install SAP ECC 6 (SAPinst tool will guide you, very well)

6) Install latest support packages and kernel patch

I hope that I clarified the issue. For more information check the installation guide. It has good enough information what you need during the installation.

Best regards,

Orkun Gedik

sunny_pahuja2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

> 5) Install SAP ECC 6 (SAPinst tool will guide you, very well)

> 6) Install latest support packages and kernel patch

>

You can directly install IDES on EHP4. Upgrade of IDES system is not supported.

Thanks

Sunny

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

>

> > 5) Install SAP ECC 6 (SAPinst tool will guide you, very well)

> > 6) Install latest support packages and kernel patch

> >

>

> You can directly install IDES on EHP4. Upgrade of IDES system is not supported.

>

> Thanks

> Sunny

I didn't mean an upgrade. I mean support packages.

Best regards,

Orkun Gedik

bharathyp
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Mr Sunny,

This part :

"Perform required OS prerequisite configurations"

any special configuration need to be done on the OS?

mine is also the same specifications no change at all, the only big diff is that I am planning to install this on VMWARE Workstation 8

But i dont have access to the service sap.

I am trying to install a devl just for my own practice nothing more than that.

If any special patches for the Oracle 11gr2 please provide or where else can i obtain them?

I cant make head or tail of the installation process!

as in what are the pre-requistes and what are the best practices and such, really my SAP learning journey is getting tougher by the day... really appreciate your expert advise

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jack,

>> mine is also the same specifications no change at all, the only big diff is that I am planning to install this on VMWARE Workstation 8

First of all, it is not supported to install Oracle on VmWare

>> But i dont have access to the service sap.

Please note that if you want install a SAP system into your development enviroment, you have to download SAP installation files, under SAP Marketplace. So, you need to have an access to the marketplace.

One more thing that I recommend you install SAP NetWeaver AS ABAP 7.02 SP6 64-bit Trial, below;

http://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/sdn/index?rid=/library/uuid/1048e401-ab3d-2e10-4d84-b9f27339c54b

Best regards,

Orkun Gedik

bharathyp
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi tks for the response but the software I acquired it thru DVD from another person. Not sure if that is OK as i am just one single person who want to practice this not like a multiple people. And so I dont have access to the marketplace. BTW do i need pay any fee for marketplace or I have to purchase the software to get access..?

Former Member
0 Kudos

You need a license to download files from SAP Marketplace. Under this circumstance, if you don't have a "S" user, it is not able to connect to the SAP Marketplace. So, download and install package that I've noted in my previous message. It is free.

Best regards,

Orkun Gedik

bharathyp
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Oh ok tks so can i say that I can install SAP ecc6.0 on oracle 11gr2 but i need specific patches? those that i can get only from Marketplace. Is my understanding correct?

Former Member
0 Kudos

>> Oh ok tks so can i say that I can install SAP ecc6.0 on oracle 11gr2 but i need specific patches? those that i can get only from Marketplace. Is my understanding correct?

No Jack. You need a SAP license (requires to logon with the "S" user) to download ECC 6.0 and Oracle 11gR2 which you don't have. Under this circumstance, it looking that it is not possible to download ECC 6.0 from SAP Marketplace.

On the other hand, in order to study on Netweaver stack, I suggested a link in my previous message. In is not cover ECC 6.0 release. Just a technical stack (Netweaver installation). So, you can download it and install on your machine for free.

Best regards,

Orkun Gedik