Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Credit & Debit Memo Issue

prasanna_kumar4
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi All,

Once i created the Billing and issue to the Customer , my problem is due to some reason my client want to increase or decrease the price for that particular Invoice or Multiple Invoices

and also one more important point is accounting document is open ( Payment is not happened ) some invoices

I have checked the Retro billing Its not working

Can you please tell me how to handle this In SAP because i am new to this scenario

Regards,

Prasanna

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

In VOV8 you can check that Invoice Correction document has "D" as indicator due to which there are two item generated for Copy control, which you can check in VTAF ( copy from Invoice to Order).

Invoice correction request, has SD doc category as K - Credit memo request, and Indicator as D - Invoice correction request.

The indicator "D - Invoice correction request" will control the debit and credit line with the difference.

The standard docment type is RK (T.code VOV8) define in the system for invoice correction request. The credit memo (G2 as standard) will be created as billing document.

An invoice correction request has the following structure:

Header

This contains the data that is relevant for the whole invoice correction request, e.g. sold-to party and payer.

Item pairs

The system creates two items in the invoice correction request for each item in the invoice:

Item Indicator

First item Credit item Credits

Second item Debit item Debits

You can also set the system so that it doesnu2019t repeat pricing.

You can control this in Customizing under Sales and Distribution Billing Billing documents Maintain copying control for billing documents in the Pricing type field.

The contents of the field depend on the category of the invoice correction request.

Sales document category Field contents

CR (credit memo request) E

DR (debit memo request) F

You can run new pricing for the debit memo request by defining another pricing category in the pricing category field 2.

3. In the credit item, the system completely credits the incorrect invoice item. You cannot change the credit item (apart from the Deletion, Reason for rejection, Billing block and Account assignment fields). Enter the correct price or quantity in the debit memo item. You can let a new pricing run for the item. The correct amount is finally posted.

4. The system calculates the difference between the credit and debit memo item. If there are several corrected items, the system cumulates the values of all the items and calculates a total value.

5. As in credit and debit memo requests, you can:

- Set a billing block for the invoice correction request (or change the settings in the billing type in Customizing so that the system does it automatically).

- Enter a reason for rejection for one or several items.

You can only delete credit items together with their corresponding debit items. You delete items that you havenu2019t changed with a function.

7. The system generates a credit memo. If the total value is positive, the credit memo item does not have a + sign, if the total value is negative, it has a u2013 sign.

If the invoice correction request is characterized as a debit memo request, the opposite occurs.

8. The title of the printout for the credit or debit memo depends on the characteristic that has been assigned to it (sales document category) and not the total value:

Sales document category Title

CR (credit memo request) Credit memo

DR (debit memo request) Debit memo

In the credit item, the system credits the customer with the full value. If you change the debit item (for example, due to new pricing or a change in quantities), this results in a difference amount.

The price condition types used in invoice and in the invoice correction has to be the same. (new condition type added in invoice correction will be ignored).

Regards,

Saju.S

prasanna_kumar4
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

there are two item generated for Copy control, which you can check in VTAF ( copy from Invoice to Order).

Can you please tell me what are the settings i have to do in Copy Control VTAF and where is that trigger

How to handle in that case for Excise Invoice

Please explain this point

Regards,

Prasanna

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

You can use invoice correction request (std doc type RK).

Check these links for more details:

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_46c/helpdata/en/dd/55feeb545a11d1a7020000e829fd11/content.htm

http://www.sap-basis-abap.com/sd/creating-invoice-correction-requests.htm

Regards

Madhu

prasanna_kumar4
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

This message was moderated.

prasanna_kumar4
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Kindly Give the solution for below points because i am new to this scenario

1. how system will generate 2 line items where is the trigger

2. We are not created any business area is there any effect in the invoice correction request

3. At the time of Invoice correction do i need to create a condition record for new price and what price i need to enter

4. can we do the Multiple Invoices at a time debit / credit memo ( i think it is possible in Retro-billing but i tried its not working)

Regards,

Prasanna