SAP for Public Sector Discussions
Foster conversations about citizen engagement, resource optimization, and service delivery improvements in the public sector using SAP.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Deactivate Account Assignment Elements in Controlling - More Consequence

Former Member
0 Kudos

I've just found the new function "Deactivate Account Assignment Elements in Controlling" (I may be out-of-date) in the below SPRO path of ECC6.0.

Public Sector Management> Funds Management Government> Budget Control System (BCS)> Budgeting> Basic Settings> Use of Master Data> Deactivate Account Assignment Elements in Controlling

I've read the help and tested, if deactivated.

1. CO Planning can be planed without FM Account Assginment

2. CO Repost Line Item & Manual Repost can be reposted without FM Account Assigment

However, in the help message, there is mentioned about Asset Accounting. I tested asset master creation without Fund & Functional Area. The asset master cannot be post acquisition (w/o F&FA). This is acceptable for me.

From the function name "Deactivate Account Assignment Elements in Controlling" is seem like the function related to CO only. What should I concern more, if I would like to deactviate Fund & Functional Area from this Configuration to support CO posting. (FYI : I didn't use Budget Period & Grant)

Rgds,

Ton

4 REPLIES 4

iklovski
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Why would you need to deactivate the elements?

Regards,

Eli

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Eli

Regarding to CO Planning, user would not like to input Fund & Functional Area. Before deactivation, I specific some Fund & Functional Area in the planning layout.

Once I found this configuration option, it support the above requirement. So I would like to know more impact, if I use this setting.

Rgds,

Ton

0 Kudos

Hi Tonny, how are u?

If u said that u've got CO planning., did u read the requirements to "Deactivate Account Assignment Elements in Controlling" ?

Requirements

After activating the account assignment element, no postings were made on this account assignment element and no planning either.

This is an interesting topic 😛

iklovski
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Technically, you can derive FM objects with FM derive strategy and put dummy, so the user won't be required to enter them. However, I might add, that CO activity generates FM document only if integration between the two is switched on.

Regards,

Eli