cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Upgrading ECC 5.0 to ERP 6.0 EHP5

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi -

We are planning to upgrade our ECC5.0(our present ECC 5.0 is on support pack stack 19) to ERP 6.0 EHP5.We are going to give a try in our Sandbox system first.So I have the following questions

1)Can we upgrade our ECC 5.0 directly to ERP 6.0 EHP5 or initially we need to upgrade to ERP 6.0 Stack 18 as available in SMP and then install EHP5?

2)Heard that Kernel will also be upgraded along with ERP 6.0 upgrade and no need to update Kernel separately.Is that correct?

or

3)Do we need to upgrade Kernel NW 7.0 SR3 first then upgrade to ERP 6.0 and finally install EHP 5.

Please let me know.

Thanks & regards,

Nagendra.

Edited by: Nagendra Devineni on Jul 19, 2011 6:01 AM

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

We are planning to upgrade our ECC5.0(our present ECC 5.0 is on support pack stack 19) to ERP 6.0 EHP5.We are going to give a try in our Sandbox system first.So I have the following questions

1)Can we upgrade our ECC 5.0 directly to ERP 6.0 EHP5 or initially we need to upgrade to ERP 6.0 Stack 18 as available in SMP and then install EHP5?

A) Yes, The current mass shipment release already contains EHP5.

Link for Master Guide

https://websmp203.sap-ag.de/~form/sapnet?_SHORTKEY=01100035870000731312&;

2)Heard that Kernel will also be upgraded along with ERP 6.0 upgrade and no need to update Kernel separately.Is that correct?

or

A) Kernel will be upgrade automatically during the System Upgrade. You may wish to update to n or n-1 level available at the marketplace after the upgrade.

3)Do we need to upgrade Kernel NW 7.0 SR3 first then upgrade to ERP 6.0 and finally install EHP 5.

A) Since direct upgrade is possible, please read the master guide. You should be able to figure out the minimum levels required.

Br,

Venky

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Venky -

Thanks for your reply.I went through the SAP ERP 6.0 Upgrade Master Guide .They have mentioned the same as you have mentioned that it is possible to upgrade directly from ECC 5.0 to ERP6 EHP5 along with the same.

Now I am going through "SAP ERP 6.0 Including SAP Enhancement Package 5" under http://service.sap.com/erp-inst.

I will also try to download all the required software for SAP ERP 6.0 EHP5 like Upgrade master,SAP ERP 6.0 EHP 5.0 Upgrade Export(11 files),BS7i2010 Java Components(4 files),SAP Enh. Package 5 for SAP ERP 6.0(7 files).

<removed_by_moderator>.As said above I will go through "SAP ERP 6.0 Including SAP Enhancement Package 5" and few other documents also.

Thanks,

Nagendra.

Read the "Rules of Engagement"

Edited by: Juan Reyes on Jul 19, 2011 9:19 AM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Nagendra,

Unfortunately, I do not have anything on this as of now.

Since I will also be starting the Upgrade to ECC 6 with EHP5 in couple of days.

Please post the issues / queries posted in the forum.

<removed_by_moderator>

Asking for points is not allowed, Read the "Rules of Engagement"

Br,

Venky.

Edited by: Juan Reyes on Jul 19, 2011 9:20 AM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Venky...

0 Kudos

I think my customer also planning upgrade to ECC 6.0 including EhP5.

Seems EhP5 announced in Sapire New Orlando by 1.5 months~. and its available to use it.