Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Master Data Blueprinting Guidelines

former_member496675
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

Just wondering if there are any guidelines for master data blueprinting? I am looking for best practices for master data blueprinting activities.

Who should lead the workshops?

Who should be participating in the workshops?

Should we have an integrated workshop with the process teams or separate?

Should we have MD workshop before process workshops or after?

Who's responsible for documenting master data requirements? Do they go in PDDs? or in separate documents?

Are there any standard questionnaires available to gather master data requirements?

Regards,

-T

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi T,

Just wondering if there are any guidelines for master data blueprinting? I am looking for best practices for master data blueprinting activities.

There are no method/role based guidelines for this.

However regarding the documentation this blog servers as a checklist

/people/markus.ganser/blog/2011/01/28/mdm-71-checklists-guide-for-project-preparation-and-business-blueprintsSDNWeblogs_MasterDataManagementmdm%2528SAPNetworkWeblogs%253AMasterDataManagement%2528MDM%2529%2529

Who should lead the workshops?Who should be participating in the workshops?

When gathering requirement in my view Consultants should think of right questions and so come prepared for such a workshop.He should be aware of the business process and should help give the workshop a direction.

Should we have an integrated workshop with the process teams or separate?

If you have a core team of client,discusss with them the business process this should give you enough information to be prepared for a discussion with process owners.Holding separate meetings will help you gather more information.

Holding process workshops will give you idea of the currentlandscape and help with AS-IS part of documentation.

Should we have MD workshop before process workshops or after?

I guess you mean Master Data overview session by MD,if yes i guess thats the first thing a client needs to know.

Who's responsible for documenting master data requirements? Do they go in PDDs? or in separate documents?

It depends,generally It is the consultants who prepare the documents for data gathering along with Core team/Process experts,in some cases it is the Process Expert who prepare the document.It is Process Owners who finally approve this.

These are all Company dependent terminology as well as methodology,its all upto you to decide only thing is client should be ok with it.

Are there any standard questionnaires available to gather master data requirements?

I guess the blog should help you in that.

Hope this helps!

Thanks,

Ravi