cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Doubts with generic service in "HCM processes and forms"

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello friends:

Im having troubles trying to figure out how to use generic services. I implemented a badi with generic services and this have the following methods:

IF_HRASR00GEN_SERVICE~GET_SPECIAL_FIELDS

IF_HRASR00GEN_SERVICE~GET_FIELD_INFO

IF_HRASR00GEN_SERVICE~GET_OPERATIONS

IF_HRASR00GEN_SERVICE~INITIALIZE

IF_HRASR00GEN_SERVICE~DO_OPERATIONS

IF_HRASR00GEN_SERVICE~GET_HELP_VALUES

I could initialize values of my form using only INITIALIZE method, and I could perform some validation using and then DO_OPERATIONS.

I cant understand what is the usage of methods like GET_FIELD_INFO and GET_OPERATIONS?? according to the badis help, get_field_info must be implemented, but i didnt do so and it worked anyway?

I will be grateful with all your help,

Best regards,

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

ChrisSolomon
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

All the "GET" methods are used WITHIN config and/or the Design Time work bench. The work bench actually will CALL these methods to provide the info in the drop downs and such once you tell it which service you are using.

The other methods are used during the actual run time. INITIALIZE is straightforward enough. DO_OPERATIONS is called during a "check" event (gets called during the "check and send" as well as " send" portions of the Start Application or utilizing the standard backend workflow tasks). and/or during any user event you configure that might also trigger it.

Former Member
0 Kudos

GET_FIELD_INFO is for adding fields. Suppose you are using the generic service for IT0008 data. The IT0008 fields

which need to be used on the adobe form has to be added in this method. You need to add field name and data element

to the field_infos table. GET_OPERATIONS is used to define operations associated with the fields. Suppose you have a

scenario when user selects personnel area all personnel subareas associated with the selected value should come.

Then you need to group together personnel area and sub area together into an operation. Also even if a field is not aasociated

with any operation, to add a field to form scenario you need group them into operations in GET_OPERATIONS.

Check the class CL_IM_HRRCF_REQUI_REQUEST to determine how this can be used.

Thanks,

Aravind

Former Member
0 Kudos

Aravind,

What I think is that those methods were used some time ago, and now with the new workbench you can do that with customizing; ie you can define the operation and fields for the generic service?

Best regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

So you can directly add fields on the form scenario. I' am not aware of this.

Thanks,

Aravind