Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Question to Installation GRC 10.0 with a runing AC 5.3

martin_trachsel
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi experts,

We will install the new GRC 10.0 and we have a running AC 5.3 productive version. Before we start, we need to clear following questions.

1) Are the GRC 10.0 Plug-Ins for the backendsystem downwards compatible?

Does the production system runs, if we install the plugins on the development system?

2) Is it possible to install the GRC Portal Content on a SAP NW 7.30?

3) With GRC 10.0 with have to upgrade the RTA's on backend system. Does the AC 5.3 productive

system still works with the updated RTA's?

4) GRC 10.0 Data Export Application enables to export configuration and master data from AC 5.3,

applying filters and transforming the data before exporting. What kind of transforming of data is it?

If you can answer one of this questions, don't hesitate and do it!

Thanks and

Regards,

Martin

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

hello

as of migration guide I can optionally export the transactional data, but they will not imported in 10.0.

Then "You can continue to access historic transactional data using AC 5.3".

after migration from 5.3 to 10.0, I have to run both systems, 5.3 for access the historic transactional data and the 10.0 for actual data? My goal is to have only one GRC AC 10.0 system. Are the transactional data something, that I need to access for the next 10 years?

Thanks and Regards,

Florian

Former Member
0 Kudos

GRC AC 5.3 can work toghether with GRC AC 10, i.e. both use the GRC 10 plugin, provided that GRC 5.3 SP 14 or higher is applied and matches the SP-level of GRC AC 10 (SP4 if my memory is correct). I hope this helps...

luis_bustamante
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Just to be completely clear, both instances can run together, basically when you install the 10.0 plugin it includes code for the RTA, any existing installation is removed, downside is you can't upgrade SPs anymore in 5.3 while using the 10.0 plugin, this is meant just as a temporary solution while all systems are upgraded to 10.0

All details here: SAP note 1590030 - GRC10 Plug-in & 5.3 VIRSA Plug-in (RTA) Co-Existence