cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Newbie: where is the implementation of connections between process steps

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi !

I'm just starting with Solution Manager and trying to understand this concept. Once you graphically connect some process steps in the business blueprint to represent the processing sequence, then how do you really implement that logic to be executed? is it mapped somehow automatically to a SAP workflow?

Thanks.

Regards,

Matias.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Matias,

As far as I know it is just a graphical representation, it shouldn't do anything automatically. The next step will not be called automatically after performing the first one. You can manage your graphics manually to create such a links in the graphic tab itself, but as far as I know it is just a graphical representation.

Kind regards,

Fabricius

Former Member
0 Kudos

Great, thanks.

So it is up to the consultants to customize and/or develop the required programs for the process steps to be chained...and from what you say, there could be that some process steps are also to be executed manually, without a SAP or non-SAP application. Also process steps could be chained for describing the business process sequence or requirements, but then in real life the end user has the responsability to execute them in that order...am I right?

Thanks.

Regards,

Matias.

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Matias,

Exactly!

Yes, there could be that some process steps are also to be executed manually, without a SAP or non-SAP application, and also yes, the graphical representations is just to ilustrate the business process sequence or requirements. The execution of these steps is responsability of the end user.

Kind regards,

Fabricius

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I couldn't understand exactly your doubt but I think the BPR may help you understand this.

There is some predefined Business structures provided by SAP. It is delivered in the ST-ICO content.

In the following URL you'll find how to use it in your project:

http://wiki.sdn.sap.com/wiki/display/SM/HowtoAddBusinessScenariostoaproject

Kind regards,

Fabricius

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi. Thanks for your comment. What I meant is for example, if you go to https://implementationcontent.sap.com/bpr , then to Business Process Repository -> Organizational Areas -> Sales -> Business Processes ->Account identification -> SAP CRM 4.0 and choose the Graphic tab on the right, you see a business process model of the scenario. In that graphic, for example, "Answer contact" is linked or connected to "Identify account and contact person"..what does this connection mean in the realization or implementation phase? would there be some kind of workflow configuration ?will be the second transaction or step automatically called after the execution of the first one?

Thanks!

Regards,

Matias.