SAP for Utilities Discussions
Connect with fellow SAP users to share best practices, troubleshoot challenges, and collaborate on building a sustainable energy future. Join the discussion.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AMI 2.0 - Fields: UII, IUID Type

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

We are prototyping this AMI 2.0 solution. We have done the necessary config and now preparing for the SAP PI side.

In transaction IE01, on the Serial Data tab, there are 3 fields: UII, IUID Type and Responsible plant UII that seem to be important to AMI smart meter device. However, we are not sure. You can only see these fields when you have activated switch APPL_UID_UI. This switch was activated in SAP IDES system during our IUT222 course.

So, before activating this switch in our environment, couple of questions:

a. Are these fields require for AMI?

b. IF they are, has anyone ever used these fields? and What do they do exactly?

Apologize for these dump questions ... appreciate any response.

Cheers,

T-

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi T,

Best of luck for your prototype.If it starts working do tell as I am still struggling with AMI 1.0

The fields are maintained in customizing Logistics- General->Item Unique Identification(IUID).

So if you have activated the switch and maintained the customizing you can use it.

The unique identifier helps to uniquely identify your device kinda similar to the PoD in deregulation.

As far as using it in AMI is concerned it depends on your business process.

in my prototype some meters have these fields filled and some do not.

Actually our demo smart meters we have a MAC Id(which is unique) ,so we are actually mapping this UID and other fields with that.

hope this helps.

one question from my side ,the IUT222 course you attended was for Ver 95 or Ver 93.

I ask this cause I had a 1 day training (this was for AMI 1.0 ) now I see a 3 day course for AMI 2.0 . So m a bit concerned if I am missing out on something big and need to attend this course again.

Cheers,

Rakesh..

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi T,

Best of luck for your prototype.If it starts working do tell as I am still struggling with AMI 1.0

The fields are maintained in customizing Logistics- General->Item Unique Identification(IUID).

So if you have activated the switch and maintained the customizing you can use it.

The unique identifier helps to uniquely identify your device kinda similar to the PoD in deregulation.

As far as using it in AMI is concerned it depends on your business process.

in my prototype some meters have these fields filled and some do not.

Actually our demo smart meters we have a MAC Id(which is unique) ,so we are actually mapping this UID and other fields with that.

hope this helps.

one question from my side ,the IUT222 course you attended was for Ver 95 or Ver 93.

I ask this cause I had a 1 day training (this was for AMI 1.0 ) now I see a 3 day course for AMI 2.0 . So m a bit concerned if I am missing out on something big and need to attend this course again.

Cheers,

Rakesh..

0 Kudos

This message was moderated.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks.