cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Update Interface Nodes

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi there,

building up my WD-Components I'm using dictionary stuctures to define context nodes. If these structues are beeing updated, cause there has been added some new fields for example, all WD components which reference to this structure have to bee updated and conext-mappings have to be redefined. Is there a chance to update the context nodes refering to the structure automatically?

BR

Dominik

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

former_member199125
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Dominik,

I agree with karthikeyan, but i think there is one more way, but i never tried.

if we bind the structure to table using dynamic coding, then there is a possiblity of getting updated structure. because in dynamic coding we need not to specify each and every attribute individually, if u directly specify structure. Just try this.

Regards

Srinivas

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

That is not possible.While creating a context node from a structure ,we will be choosing the attributes that need to be created from structure.So any additional attributes added after context creation will be ignored ,this is really meaningfull because updating context when structure is modified will lead to inconsistency. You need to manually add that through "attributes from component of structure" option of context node.

Regards

Karthiheyan M

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

thanks for your responses. I also think that is realy meaningful that there is no automatic update. But I hoped that there is a kind of refactoring tool which helps you to update context nodes? For example we build a WD application integrating 4 different WD components which use the same context structure, exposed via the controler interface. If there is a change in the structure you have to update all components manually.

BR

Dominik

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

In your case where a context node made from structure is referred in several child webdynpro components ,a change in structure can be reflected by using the "Attributes from the component of structure" in parent component and use update mapping in context node of all child components. This will make the developer have control over design .

Regards

Karthiheyan M