cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Name 1 and Name 2 fields of Business Partner - changes get set back

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Experts,

in SRM 7.0 CS, i am facing the following problem w.r.t Messages in the shopping cart.

It is known system behaviour, that in case the contend of the fields Name 1 or Name 2 of the Plant Business Partner is longer than 35 digits, than a (warning) message is displayed in the shopping cart with the content like "Name 2 field, limited amount of digts can be displayed..."

I have shortened the content of the field Name 2 of the BP of my plant, but it seems that after some time the old contend has been written back into the field for some reason.

Has anyone experienced a similar problem? What could be the cause? Is it recomandable to use the "Influence Message Control" configuration for this message, in order to hide it completely?...or should the "Message Control By User" configuration be used?

Thank you very much in advance for your support.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear All,

i seem to have been able to solve the problem by not only making the change on the BP, but also respectively changing the content in the respective fields in PPOMA (reduce the length of the content in the fields Name1 and Name2 of the location).

Thank you.