cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

how to apply patches by using solution manager system?

Former Member
0 Kudos

HELLO FRIENDS,

when i download the patch SAPKB70012 & next level patches from service market place, it says that we have to apply the following packages by using maintenance optimizer(solution manager). here i have solution manager4.0., please any one let me know how to configure the maintenance optimzr and how to apply support packages by the solution manager system.

Thanks&Regards

Farkath.C

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

sunny_pahuja2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Solution manager system will not apply patches to your system. SAP says to download patches using solution manager MOPZ as it takes care of all dependencies. You have to apply patches from the system only for whom you want to upgrade.

Thanks

Sunny

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Farkath,

Upgrade your SOLMAN system and configure all Satellite systems into your SOLMAN and do the Maintenance Optimizer configuration by following SAP Note 1022072.

Thanks and Regards

VInod

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Incase you want to apply patches on any other system in your landscape apart from SolMan, you would need solman only to approve the download basket.

Could you please update what Software components / stack are you trying to update. Unless you are updating the stack, you dont really need a MOPZ to calculate the list of downloads required.

As in your case, if you are only applying the BASIS patches, then you should be good to download the patches directly from SMP and have them approved in Solman before you can proceed.

Please correct me if I interpreted your query wrongly.

Regards,

Varun

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello

Solman will not implement the files you can download the files using Solman. You need to move the downloaded files to application server and implement them for that you need to configure MoPZ

You can go to server market place service.sap.com/RKT in that select Solution manager.

You will have to select the product as solution manager 7.0 and in technology consultants and system administrator you will find the configuration documentations in for for SIM files.

You can use that and learn how to configure the optimizer on the system.

Then you can download the files and implement the same.

Regards

Vivek