cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to prevent PPDS scheduling operations over non-working times

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have defined shifts & shift sequences such that Saturday is a non-working day as I don't want PPDS to schedule an operation over the Saturday. The Saturday shows light-gray on the scheduling board as expected. However, if I drag the start time of the operation into the Saturday, instead of pushing it to Sunday, it stretches the operation over the Saturday: So the bar is elongated compared to when it is scheduled completely in working time, but the processing time is the same. How can I force the system to schedule the operation completely outside non-working time, i.e. to start on the Sunday in thi case. This behavior also occurs when a heuristic is run rather than manually dragging it. The latter is worse, since by manually dragging the start time to Sunday, it at least will "snap to" the Sunday.

Thanks in advance,

Chris Brookes.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Please check whether can be interupted by break check box is unchecked in PPM/PDS.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Santosh,

The flag is set - it seems to be the default. It appears it can be unset using a BADI, but wouldn't this cause other issues if, say, I have a operation over 3 days (quite probable in this case) and I try to scheule it over Sunday - Tuesday, where the daily shift pattern is 3 * 8 Hours? How would this be scheduled if I effectively say that it must fit into one shift (ununsetting this flag)?

Cheers,

Chris.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I was talking about feild break not allowed and not about production within shift. Anyway I guess it will work only in case you define as break and not in case of non working time still you can try.

Second option is defining saturday as downtime in resource instead of creating as non working time as activity is not extended over downtime.

Regards,

Santosh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Santosh,

On the Mode, there is a flag ShiftInt, which is the one I was reffering to, but I notice there is also a field called ShortBreak which is currently defaulted to 999,999,999. Help says "Maximum Duration of a Short Break

Specifies whether or not an activity is allowed to be interupted by a break and the maximum length of this interuption. The entry is in seconds.

Use

Enter 0 when an activity is not allowed to be interupted by a break.

Do not change the value set by the system when the activity is allowed to be interupted any number of times and for any length of time.

Limit the value when the duration of the break is not allowed to exceed a certain length."

Is this the one you mean?

That looks like the way to do it - again I think it has to be set by a BADI.

Kind Regards,

Chris.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Yes I was refering to same. In case of PPM there is seperate check box break not allowed also. In PDS its like as you described.

You can try by tcode PDS_maint in ECC whether you can maintain this field but I am not sure about this.

You can surely set it through CIF exit/ BADI

Or go for downtime option but it will be increase in data maintainance effort.

Regards,

Santosh

Former Member
0 Kudos

OK Santos, thankd for your help - very good!

Former Member
0 Kudos

OK Santos, thanks for your help - very good!