Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

distribution of (PFCG) roles on several ERP systems

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi experts,

let's assume we have 1 system where roles are beeing developed and distributed from (single source of truth) and we want to dsitribute it to several other ERP systems (including dev, quality assurance and prod systems). What possibilities do you see to more or less perform this process automatically ? Is it possible to distribute them via ALE ? I have not found an IDOC type for this. How would you distribute all Z-Roles on other systems ?

Thanks !

Regards,

Max

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

martin_voros
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

there is no standard IDoc for roles so unless you develop your own then you can't use ALE. I don't think that it's worth the effort to develop your custom IDoc. Raghu mentioned two standard methods provided by SAP. I think you could set up transport path from your single system to each development system and then to other systems. You would use it only for roles.

Cheers

2 REPLIES 2

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Max,

The possible options for you are:

1. Download and upload the roles in each develoment system, re-generate the profile and transport the roles across the landscape.

2. Using the RFC function, read the role from a source system.

You can refer the below SAP help document that provides your mode information:

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw70/helpdata/en/6d/7c8cfd410ea040aadf92e1f78107a4/content.htm

Regards,

Raghu

martin_voros
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

there is no standard IDoc for roles so unless you develop your own then you can't use ALE. I don't think that it's worth the effort to develop your custom IDoc. Raghu mentioned two standard methods provided by SAP. I think you could set up transport path from your single system to each development system and then to other systems. You would use it only for roles.

Cheers