cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cannot start Process in sap mmc

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Sap Gurus,

In RZ10 I have coped default profile into zdefault made some changes in it and have activated it. After this when i tried to start my processes, they are not starting.

I went to SAP-> ecc->Profiles and again reverted my changes in default profile. Even then my processes are not starting.

Please tell me how to resolve this. I am new to this field. So please elaborate the solution so that it can be easily understood by lay men like me.

I am getting the below in process list:

In process list : msg_server.exe : stopped

disp+work.exe : stopped

igswd.exe : stopped

Thanks,

SriNitya,

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi SriNitya

Once again bring back the default profile and then start the sap server. once if it ok go to t code RZ10 select utility and then select import active profile. it will create the new profile based on you host name.

Regards

M

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

Former Member
0 Kudos

sorry

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

In default Profile the values case sensitive better Check the SID of the system . its better to restore the defualt Profile if you have a old back up.

Once after restoring the profile check the User permission.

regards

Santhose

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

As subhash said you should revert the profile, if you have a backup just replace the file in <drive>/usr/sap/SYS/profile.

if not then you should be able to open the File using wordpad / notepad there you can see the Changes done last time as it will be written in file as commented line.

Just undo the changes by using # which will comment the parameter.

Further what was the change that you did in default profile?? still not working please paste Dev_ms log file.

Thanks,

Balaji.S

Former Member
0 Kudos

This message was moderated.

former_member185031
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

>In RZ10 I have coped default profile into zdefault made some changes in it and have activated it

What is the name of default profile on /sapmnt/SID/SYS/profile directory ? it should be Default.pfl. You should check there and after that check the log files dev_w0 for exact error.

Regards,

Subhash

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Subhash,

Thanks for your reply. Where can I find sapmnt folder? I am not ble to find it.

Thanks,

SriNitya.

Former Member
0 Kudos

>>Where can I find sapmnt folder?

SAPMNT is a shared folder (mounted) the orignal path is : <Drive>\usr\sap\<SID>\SYS\profile (unix: /usr/sap/<SID>/SYS/profile)

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI,

I didn't have that folder in my drive. I am having <Drive> USR/SAP/ECC/Profiles.

is this same as the above one? Please solve my problem. I am really stuck up.

Thanks,

SriNitya

former_member185031
Active Contributor
0 Kudos
I didn't have that folder in my drive. I am having <Drive> USR/SAP/ECC/Profiles.

It should have USR/SAP/ECC/SYS/Profiles. Make sure this directory exists and all those profiles exists on those direcotry.

Regards,

Subhash

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes Subhash,

I am having this USR/SAP/ECC/SYS/Profiles directory and I am having profile files in it.

I have reverted the changes made through RZ10 in this directory default.pfl file.

Can you please let me know what I need to do?

If I paste the old profile files, can this issue be solved?

Thanks,

SriNitya.

Edited by: SriNitya on Jul 18, 2011 8:01 PM

former_member185031
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

revert the changes on default.pfl and then start the SAP. If after that you stil not able to restart the instance then check the dev_s0 file for more details.

Regards,

Subhash

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thnak you Subhash..

With the help of your technical support I was able to solve the issue. Really Thanks a lot. As I am new to SDN, I thought of awarding 10 points to two people. But later figured that its not possible.

Thank you once again.

SriNitya.