Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

In DMR , at skip stage : maximum skip duration field

former_member222064
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi experts,

Can someone explain with a basic example the meaning of "maximum skip duration" field at skip stage in DMR? how is it used?

I have read the SAP help but it does not help me too much.

Thanks in advance

P.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

In an inspection stage that corresponds to a skip, you can also specify a "maximum skip duration" in days for an acceptance (in addition to the "New inspection stage and No. of skips" that must occur before an inspection stage change can occur).

Note : If the maximum skip duration is exceeded, a stage change always occurs at lot creation, independent of whether dynamic modification occurs at lot creation or at the usage decision. The new inspection stage is used for the current sample determination. As a result, the current inspection lot is regarded as the first inspection lot for the new inspection stage.

Means In defining Skip with the help of New inspection stage & No of skips there is one more option available which can help you to change the "Quality level" .

Ex: Suppose you have defined no of skips 10 but time as 99 days.It may happen that you did not received 10 lots in 99 days but requirement is that after 99 days lot should stopped skipping & should move to inspection ( say next stage)

In this case "maximum skip duration" can be handy.

I hope I have made you understnd the concept....