0 Kudos

Dear SAP gurus,

I'm in the process of a homogeneous system copy (Oracle Specific). I am

in the Import phase (Backup/Restore database step) and sapinst is stopped

with the following error:

ERROR. File not found:CONTROL.SQL.

In the System Copoy Guide "System copy for SAP Systems Based on SAP

Netweaver 7.0 SR3 ABAP+Java" stands that CONTROL.SQL should be placed

from source <INSTDIR> to target <SAPINST_INSTDIR>.

I put CONTROL.SQL in <SAPINST_INSTDIR> of my target system but sapinst is stopping there with ERROR. File not found:CONTROL.SQL..

Anyone has experience the same issue?

Thanks in advance, Marc

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member185031
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

What is the complete path on your target SAPINST directory where you copied your Control.sql file ?

Regards,

Subhash

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks guys for your replies!

I just copied a new CONTROL.SQL file but I still gest the ERROR CONTROL.SQL not found. I gave 777 authorizations so this is not an authorizations problem.

The exact directory of sapinst_instdir: is /tmp/sapinst_instdir because environment variables TEMP, TMP, TMPDIR were not set.

Any ideas on how to proceed?How could I check where is sapinst really looking for this CONTROL.SQL file?

BR, Marc

sunny_pahuja2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Please make sure that control.sql file should be present in installation directory like <path>/sapinst_instdir/<ABAP/Java>/.....

not in /tmp/sapinst_instdir. Also installation directory should have 777 permission.

Thanks

Sunny

former_member185031
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

So you are using unix. Did you check the owner and group also of this file ?

>Any ideas on how to proceed?How could I check where is sapinst really looking for this CONTROL.SQL file?

Did you see the log properly ? it should say something that file not find on a specifiac location. By the way you can check the directory, it should be something /tmp/apinst_instdir/NW04S/LM\COPY/ORACLE/SYSTEM/ (not sure exaclty)

Regards,

Subhash

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks guys for your help!

>Please make sure that control.sql file should be present in installation directory like <path>/sapinst_instdir/<ABAP/Java>/.....

>not in /tmp/sapinst_instdir

Sunny, this pointed me to the solution.

Regards, Marc

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

JPReyes
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

That should have done the trick

The file might be corrupted, you can try copying it again from source and make sure permissions are fine.

Regards

Juan