cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Material Lead Time

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Gurus,

In MRP2 of master data there is the planned delivery time to get the material from external. Do you think, there is in Sap another field for the shipping time. So the shipping time added to the planned delivery time will give me the total delivery time.

Thanks a lot.

JW

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

JW,

Planned delivery time is the total amount of time it takes from the time you place an order with a vendor, to the time it arrives at your receiving site. I don't really see how adding some 'shipping' time here makes any sense. Planned delivery time can be set in the Purchase Info record, by material/plant and vendor. Or, if there is no purchase info record, then it can be set at the Material/plant level.

There is one additional field that is relevant for PO scheduling, and that is Goods receipt Processing Time, in the Material Master. This is the amount of time it takes from when the material arrives at your receiving site, to the time the material is actually expected to be received into stock, and available for subsequent processing. This duration is at the Material/plant level, and is the same regardless of vendor.

Can you describe the business requirement for having a 'shipping time' field?

Best Regards,

DB49

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

The requirement is that the main vendor confirm the date of purchase order when the material is available at his site. The goods takes 5 days to reach the destination. So I have 5 days delay due to delivering time. It will be good to have an additiona field for delivering time to be added to the confirmed date on purchase order.

Thans.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Josy,

??? So, you have a vendor who is sending you confirmations 'somehow' that do not meet your business requirements (he is sending you his ship date when I guess what you want is your expected receipt date).

What do you currently do with this confirmation when you recieve it? E.G., where in the system do you enter this date? Or, do you do anything with it? And, what do you propose to do with it after you have your '5 day' field entered?

Do you also intend to use this field for planning (e.g., predicting some event in the future)?

There is a field in the material master called Goods Receipt processing time. It would be a misuse of this field to use it in the way that you have described, but I have seen some companies use it in this way.

Best Regards,

DB49

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Ralf
Active Participant
0 Kudos

There is some functionality for that as part of the SD customizing and fields in the material master. It's not as simple as in MM with just 1 field. I think these hours/days can be added in the IMG in Logistics Execution->Shipping->Basic Shipping->Scheduling->Delivery Scheduling

Fields MARC-LADGR and MARA-TRAGR can be used as influencing information.

Another option comes in the PP module to add these buffers, but don't ask me for details in there.

Best,

Ralf

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

In MM - Purchasing, the delivery date in PO is calculated based on the Planned delivery time that we have maintained in the info record/material master. we don't have an option for entering shipping time & also same is not used for the calculation of PO delivery dates.

Thanks & Regards,