cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Adding custom fields to shopping cart in SRM 7.0

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi My dear Experts,

I am having big doubt also a lot of confussion as per my understanding regarding adding custom fields to SC.

I believe,

i) It can be achieved by configuration in spro with respect to Meta data frame.

i,e Configure field control->configure control for fields on Header/Item level

after that

configure customer fields->Define cistomer fields on Header/Item level.

ii) I also doubt fields can be added through Webdynpro enhancement of standard component.

Pls clarify my doubt with little detail which is the best way to achieve my requirement ??

Is Webdynpro Enhancement really needed ??

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

I briefly mentioned the below 3 points how to handle new field aswell as UI elements in SRM 7.

1. 1st priority you can use the Meta configuration for adding the new custom field as well as any custom changes to the standard fields. In Meta congiguration again you want to change the field enable or disable dynamically with dynamic class.

( It is simple and consistent).

With meta configuration : You can control standard and custom fields and as well as Actions.

2. For Some fields or actions you will not find the set types for META configuration then you need to enhance the webdynpro component accordingly as per your requirement.

3. With meta configuration you can define the custom field as only input fields and suppose i want drop down UI element for the new field then we can handle such type of requirements from DOMODIFYVIEW badi.

regards,

Devi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Devi prasad,

Thanks a lot for your reply.

Your suggestion helps me to clear some of my doubts.

Still I have few doubts like If at all I need to add custom fields in the "Account assignment Tab " of SC.

How can I able to do this through Metadata configuration ? Since I do not know the exact place where I can add and it should appear properly in Account assignment Tab.

Also pls confirm again on your previous answer Point 3 "DOMODIFYVIEW" Is a Badi ?? or method inside View ??

If method pls provide me full name

regards

sahil purushan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

Example for Adding fields in SC accounting Tab ...follow the below example

1. Add custom field ZZTESTACCT in structure INCL_EEW_PD_ACC_CSF by using append structure.

2. Spro ->Supplier Relationship Management u2192 SRM Server u2192 Cross application basic settings u2192 Extensions and field controls (personalization) u2192 Configure field control ->Configure Control for Fields of Substructures

then click on "Metadata for Fields of Substructures and Table-Like Enhancements"

add the below entry

Bus. Object Set Type : 31

Structure Field Name : ZZTESTACCT

Bus. Object Type : BUS2121

Set Level : Item

Field Visible : Check box should be checked

Field Enable : check box should be checked

if you create the above entry then you can see ZZTESTACCT field in the accounting tab.

Second point :

WD_BADI_DOMODIFYVIEW is a Badi you can implement this badi for the WD component and View to handle the UI elements.

regards,

Devi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Devi,

That was worthy answer . thanks for suggestion.

Finally how can I provide the F4 help for custom fields ??

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

For attaching the search help you have to implement WD_BADI_DOMODIFYVIEW with filter COMPONENT_NAME ( your webdynpro component ) and VIEW_NAME ( F4 UI element of the VIEW ). The filter is very important while implementing DOMODIFYVIEW Badi.

in the implementation class you can handle add F4 to that UI element with dynamic programming of webdynpro.

Regards,

Devi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Devi

Thanks a ton for finding me across solution.

In future hope i may expect more inputs from you

Former Member
0 Kudos

Can we use Badi WD_DOMODIFYVIEW in SRM 7.0..?? or it is obsolete ??

former_member210252
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have similar requirement.

But what needs to be implemented in WD_DOMODIFYVIEW.

Can you let me know the code for handling Search Help for the Custom field here.

Regards,

Mohammed

Answers (0)