Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Enhancing Standard webdynpro component

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi friends,

I have never worked on enhancing standard web dynpro components,

Now i have got requirement, In SRM webdynpro component i have to place Custom Label and Custom Hyper Link, when i click on that hyperlink, one pop up window shud be open, can any please guid how to enahnce this standard webdynpro component

Thnx

Kumar Srini

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

shahid
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Click on VIEW(toolbar), you have an option of Enhance. you can create your own view here.

Follow the links for more information

http://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/700317da-bd79-2c10-368e-8f18bf5d8...

(source: sdn post by vaibhav)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

To Enhance any standard compoenent, and specially a "VIEW" just follow the below steps:

1. Go to SE80, Give the Component Name and press Enter

2. Go to the Desired "View"

3. Click enhance button (ICON Like spiral,6th from left to right of Application toolbar)

4. A Pop up will appear asking your Coposite Enhancement name and Enhancement Implementation name. Create "NEW" on both the occasion.

Now for UI Enhancements:

a) Click the "ROOT UI Element container" , right click add the custom UI elements and assign Property values as per your requirement( like binding,text,action etc.,). It is just like adding UI elements in Z-Compoent.

b) Create actions wherevr required

For Coding Level enhancements:

Here, for all the methods which are in the standard compoenent will have "PRE" and "POST" Exits. The difference is "PRE" Exits will render before calling the actual code and "POST" Exit will render after rendering the actual code.

Note: Till Enhancement Pack (EHP3) we had only PRE & POST Exits. And Now on from EHP 4 and More we do have an option "OVER WRITE" Exit.

Apart from Exits, we can create our own Events/event Handlers. These Event Handlers will work only for the enhancements.

We Can write our own logic in the newly created event/event handler.

Regards,

S.Meganadhan