cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

getting the size of PI messages

Former Member

Hi all,

what is the correct way to find the size of the message in PI to be used for Sizing the server?

1. Use the value in the "messagetotalsize" tag of the "soap header" in the "Call adapter Folder in sxmb_moni?

or

2. Download the file from the Inbound Message folder of sxmb_moni as "xml" and see the size on disk?

I find a discrepancy in the sizes found there.. Which is correct?

Thanks

XA

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

rajasekhar_reddy14
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Option gives size of the entire SOAP message but option 2 gives only payload.

so option 2 correct as per my knowledge

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI raja,

Thanks for your inputs..

but there are two tags in the header I find...

SAP:MessageSizePayload

<SAP:MessageSizeTotal>

So, doesnt the tag MessagesizeTotal> refer to the size of the message (inclusive of payload and header) or at least it should if we look at how both the tags are differentiated

Regards,

XA

rajasekhar_reddy14
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

if you intention was to know the size of the emssage for sizing pupose then you have to take payload from inbound message.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Raja sekhar,

Thanks for the clarification..

So, In call adapter, the same details are given only for the sake of monitoring ? in any case, we use the info .. like for eg.. the quick sizer tools requires it ? and how can we use the info for message size available in the performance monitor of RWB?

Thanks.. & Regards

XA

rajasekhar_reddy14
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

When ever you do sizing at the time of intial stage to get correct hardware recomandations from SAP

Client side team has to provide the details about frequency type of adapters and mode of communication everything.

if you client have alredy legacy tool running then you can get it easily else you have to understand client ladscape and have to prepare list,.

2)If your already implemtaion done and have a plan to go for hardware upgradation then you can check the size of the message my checking history oif the each and evry message, here you have to take it from inbound payload.

regards,

Raj

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi raj,

Your inputs are helpful.. but not really answered some of the doubts i had raised in my previous response ...

were u able to get what I was trying to ask?

Thanks

XA

rajasekhar_reddy14
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

> So, In call adapter, the same details are given only for the sake of monitoring ? in any case, we use the info .. like for eg.. the quick sizer tools requires it ?

nOT REQUIRED.

and how can we use the info for message size available in the performance monitor of RWB?

Performace monitopring cover all aggregate message size for each and evry case, so can average and use it.

Regards,

Raj

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks

Regards,

XA

Answers (0)