cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Change order type

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I'm wondering why an order type cannot be changed when created with reference to an offer?

Let's assume:

1.) Created an offer (AG)

2.) Created an order (TA) with ref. to AG

3.) Changing TA to SO, doesn't work as radio buttons are disabled!

What is the idea/sense behind this?

Thx.

Wolf

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

in VOV8 you can setup 2 alternative order types.

See:

- Alt.sales doc. type1

- Alt.sales doc. type2

If setup you can change (in VA01/VA02) to a different one.

Can anyone tell me the reason why it is not possible to change the order type in case the order was created with reference to an offer.

Thx.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

common sense?

When I create an order let's say a TA, it is still possible to change the order type to SO as long as have

no subsequent documents (delivery).

For me it makes no sense to disable that function when an order is created w reference to an offer!!!

Thx.

Wolf

Former Member
0 Kudos

Maybe we're misunderstanding eachother but as far as I know, after you enter order type in va01, there is absolutely no way to change it in a standart process.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Wolf,

Copying from 'Offer' to different order types is permitted. But you have make sure to enter the relevant 'Offer number' while creating SO sales order.

Please make sure that you have the copy control from 'Offer' for both the order types configured.

With Regards,

Karthik

Former Member
0 Kudos

1- Document type is a key field in header and item tables.

2- Copying control requirements.

3- Document type controls almost every important aspect of a transaction: Screen sequence, pricing procedure determination, condition record relevance, vice versa.

It's common sense that document type is grayed out.