Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

zipping the excel file

allamudi_loordh
Active Participant
0 Kudos

hi gurus,

i have a scenario in which i need to take some excel file from source directory and need to zip it and send to target mail address. i dont want to read the content of the file name for that. can any body please suggest me how to go.Do i need to go Java mapping for this and i dont have jdk installed on my system.pls give me any suggestions

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

/people/stefan.grube/blog/2007/02/20/working-with-the-payloadzipbean-module-of-the-xi-adapter-framework

allamudi_loordh
Active Participant
0 Kudos

when i am using the same payload zip bean ,,i am unable to read excel file

former_member472138
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Once you read the file if you use payload zip bean, it should work.

/people/stefan.grube/blog/2007/02/20/working-with-the-payloadzipbean-module-of-the-xi-adapter-framework

If you feel that you are not able to read the file itself, check the permissions and check with out using bean.

Regards

Pothana

allamudi_loordh
Active Participant
0 Kudos

hi all,

thnks for your posts..some half part is done ..file is getting picked and moving as zip and that to they are moving like individual suppose i sent order 1,order2 some text files they are going seperately for that zip order1.zip and order2.zip is getiing created at my mail inbox. one more issue is whn i am sending excel some junk characters are coming. kindly help me in these.

former_member854360
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Please use the below parameter with payloadZipBean to Zip all the files

zip.mode---zipALL

Specify the processing mode:

○ To compress the main payload, select zip or zipOne.

○ To compress all payloads, use zipALL.

○ To decompress the main payload, use unzip.

allamudi_loordh
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi all ,

thanks for your comments..actually i used to try with my excel sheet that is of .xlsx so PI is unable to send that ..it is giving junk characters if you open in PI directories..it is getting zipped also..but at mailer side we are getting junk characters.so what i did is i took file which is generated by ABAP Report ..so that file i placed and it is getting zipped and coming as excel(open the file in excel)..the reason is ..it is .xls and it is understandable for PI.

rajasekhar_reddy14
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Why dont you try with Payload Zip bean. it should work.

former_member854360
Active Contributor
0 Kudos