cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Plan Driven configuration in Classic

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Experts,

I am setting up PDP in Classic Scenario (SRM7.0/ECC6.0) and I have the following queries

1. I have created an entry channel in SRM org structure. Will this have any 'Function'? Should I assign an employee user under this node? Is this channel as good as a user department?

2. I want to use a different transaction type than SC for requirements coming from ECC. Should I copy SHC and create a new? Any settings to be done for this in ECC?

3. Should my employee user under the entry channel be an RFC user from ECC to SRM?

4. Where should I create a local purch grpu2026Can I create it under an existing purch org or should I create a new Purch Org also? This local purch grp will have the responsibilty for the entry channel.

Best Regards,

John

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

1) You should assign RFC user to the Entry channel. If you are using eSOA for transferring PRs to SRM then assign PI user to the entry channel. This is key for PDP scenario as the system expects the communication user assigned to the SRM org.

2) System by standard uses EXTR doc type for external requirements to create SC in SRM. I guess you cannot change it. What is the business need to change the trans type?

3) Same as 1 above. it should not be a dialog user.

4) Local P grp can be under your existing Purch org and this local purch grp will have the responsibilty for the entry channel

Hope it helps.

Regards,

Jagadish

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jagdeesh,

I did as you explained here...I am not using Ehp4 , so not using SOA technology. Now PR is created, ran the report BBP_EXTREQ_TRANSFER and entry from EPRTRANS vanished, SMQ1 in ECC shows 'Transaction Recorded'. So PR sent successfully from ECC.

But I dont find it in SRM. Checked in SMQ2 of SRM, BBP_PD of SRM, Sourcing cockpit of local purch grp's purchaser...what could be issue? how to analyze? Any number range settings to be activated in SRM?

Best Regards,

John

Former Member
0 Kudos

Have you activated sourcing for the product category used in PR? Also make sure local Purch group is responsible for that product category in Extended attributes.

Regards,

Jagadish

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jagadeesh,

Both the settings you have mentioned are already there...but I cannot see any SC in SRM.

Please advise.

Best Regards,

John

Former Member
0 Kudos

Please check below points:

1. Check tables table T160EX (for maintaining Material group, purch group & profile)and T160PR (maintaining profile and RFC connection). Make sure RFC connection entered here is working fine and connecting to SRM.

2. Check RFC connection to SRM and RFC user should be same as maintained in entry channel in SRM Org structure.

3. Check if entry BBP_EPRTRANS_MAINTAIN exists in ECC table TBE31. refer OSS note 656597 for further info.

4. Do you see any entry in SRM SMQ2 for this PR?

If everything above is fine then debug the FM BBP_EXTREQ_TRANSFER which calls BBP_BC_EXTREQ_INB on SRM side.

This function module calls BAPI_SCEC_CREATE.

Program BBP_EXTREQ_TRANSFER on backend side do the following:

- load a local stored copy of transfer table EPRTRANS

- create a package from the transfer table without breaks with one PR

- enqueue the corresponding EBAN entries

- transfer the package <-- in this perform we have BBP_BC_EXTREQ_INB and BAPI_SCEC_CREATE function module.

- dequeue the package.

Regards,

Jagadish

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jagdeesh,

1. Tables T160EX (for maintaining Material group, purch group & profile)and T160PR (maintaining profile and RFC connection) are maintained. RFC connection entered here is working fine and connecting to SRM.

2. Checked RFC connection to SRM and RFC user is same as maintained in entry channel in SRM Org structure.

3. Entry BBP_EPRTRANS_MAINTAIN exists in ECC table TBE31.

4. There is no entry in SRM SMQ2 for this PR

Best Regards,

John

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Did you check the logs in SLG1? The LWU must disappear from the SMQ1 from ECC. Transaction recorded says that it has just made an outbound entry, not transmitted.

You can remove Heaer sub type EXTR usingDoc Change BADI

regards,

Mahesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Mahesh,

Thank you for your response.

I checked the logs (SMQ1)...entry is not disappearing. Infact it only shows 'Transaction Recorded'. I thought that is success. Can you please tell me how to pull that entry out of SMQ1 and send it to SRM?

Best Regards,

John

Former Member
0 Kudos

I suggest to debug it from backend ECC SMQ1, then you can find where it is stuck.

Regards,

Jagadish

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

In SMQ1 Select the LUW and process it or activate it. Either it should disappear or should fail saying something lie ANNOENTRY...

regards,

Mahesh

Answers (0)