Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Table DMS_CONT1_CD1

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi there.

I have a customer who using the internal SAP DB for DMS original

attachments(ex. word doc.) They have aprox. 80.000 Document Info Recordswith each 2 physical files. I have checked the table DMS_CONT1_CD1 whereI assume I can see all originals(further editions of checked in files).

This table has know more then 12. mio entries.

My questions how many entries can there be stored and when does create

bad performance for the DMS systems and the ECC system at all?

BR.

Per Zanchetta

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

christoph_hopf
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Dear Per,

I checked the table content now in our internal systems and here the number of entries is about 600.000. Till now I did not get any feedback about bad performance related to this database table.

Best regards,

Christoph

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Christoph.

Thanks for your reply, but the difference is quite huge between 600.000 and 14.000.000 entries. I would say there could be multiple issues which should be considered.

1. The scalability of the ECC server set up.

2. Possible problems with restoring the table.

3. What about the Enterprise Search is it performing quite well even though the content is embedded?

But I am wondering, I did not get any answer from the OSS about the scalability of the embedded table/content solution in the ECC. The only response I got was "we recommend to use the content server". But when is it a good idea to switch to the content server set up?

BR.

Per Zanchetta

christoph_hopf
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Dear Per,

I know that the difference between our test systems and your system is quite large. So maybe there are other users in this forum who will post their scenario and values.

From DMS point of view we always recommend to use a content server storage because it offers several advantages like better possibilities to control and monitor the storage behavior. If possible please take a look at the information on the SAP Service Marketplace under http://service.sap.com/contentserver.

Best regards,

Christoph