Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Free goods

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Experts.

Greetings.

I have a requirment whereby it customer buys the goods within the defined time period he will get free goods of the customer places an order of certain qty of main item.

Here customer may not buy the the main items at once.He can place the orde for main items in partially qty even.Once he reaches to the target level he will get the free items.

Please suggest how do we map this scinario in SAP?

We have tried using Free goods condition(na00) but it seems that upto delivery note level it works fine but when it goes for billing it only generates the invoice for free goods itmes only with 0 value.It does not generate the invoice for main item.

The invoice for free goods items should only generate when customer reached to the target.

Any help would be highly appriciated.

Thanks & Best Rgds

Nitin

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Free goods can only be done immediately. Your scenario can be catered through standard SAP rebates scenario. You can control how much if the level needed to be ordered and you can enter the free items calculation from there.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Please explore possibility of Rebate for the above scenerio.

You can use this function to process free-goods rebates. Free-goods rebates are paid out retroactively in the form of free products according to terms and conditions stipulated in the rebate agreement.

Thanks

Regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Sir,

Thanks for your reply.

I would like to know is that how can configure rebate for free goods items. I mean as I was going through the rebate condition,but I have not seen anything based on qty.It shows the configuration in value/amount only.

Plz advice.

Best rgds

Nitin

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Please check the below step by step process.

"1.First you need to create the rebate agreement in VBO1.

2. You need to maintain the Rebate recipient(payer) within the overview

3. then you need to create the condition record for this rebate.which should have been assigned to

the pricing procedure in config.

4.within the condition record(Goto->payment data) you will see the total payables(accurals) to the

customer and the amount already paid(rebate payments).

5. Once the billing document is saved and accouting document created, then Accurals field will be

populated with the rebate amount as per the condition record.

6. Now to pay the rebate to the customer, we need to click on Rebate payments->pay, which will

bring a screen where you can enter full amount or partial amount.Once you save this, credit memo

request will be created(document type B3, needs to be maintained in the rebate agreemnt type) with the billing block with Credit memo

7. by using this credit memo request, you can create credit memo, with this the rebate amount will be

paid to the customer and Accurals reversed field in the VBo2 will be udpated with the amount which

is paid."

Thanks,

Srini.

former_member223456
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi

As per my understanding, you can configure this scenario of free goods on reaching a certain quantity, through condition update or cumulative condition. This function is generally used to give discount to customer on reaching a certain quantity.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Sir,

Actually that is what we want to do.can you plz elborate how can we configure this (i.e condition updare or cumulative condition).I mean we can use this conditions in sales order?

Help would be highly appriciated.

Best Rgds

Nitin

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

First of all you are not giving free goods immediately when customer place sales order

If in specific time period customer place order for main item and then if the condition is fulfilled then free goods are given.for this there is no direct solution

Create sales orders for main items

then run VA05 or VF05 for specific time period and check customer fulfill the condition

then give free good to him through FOC sales order >> delivery >> no invoice or zero billing invoice just for information.

Kapil