cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

T-code for ending the active contract in RE-Fx

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

Is there any separate transaction to end a RE contract.

Currently I'm terminating the contract, by manually entering the valid to date in the genral data tab page of the t-code RECN.

Is there any other way available to end an active contract?

Kindly assist.

Thanks & Regards

Shantanu

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Kar,

not that I am aware of. Why do you want to end contracts using a separate transaction?

If you suffer because of a mass ending of contracts then consider to use LSMW as long as you have the rights to do it. It's pretty easy to create a LSMW for that. And it also could be fast...

If you have further questions feel free to write back.

Norbert

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Shantanu,

Terminating Contracts is a Business scenario and usually a Business process is defined for such scenario. What I mean is if you wish to terminate a Contract you may have to execute series of steps in SAP related to your contract, example terminating Objects, taking care of outstanding payments/receivables etc.

I could not find a Valid to date on Contracts General Tab which you quoted. But if you are talking about Contract end date on Terms tab then that is the expiration date of the term or the Contract. Contract will expire on that date, but you can certainly renew the Contract.

If you wish to terminate a Contract, I would suggest to execute Notice on Contract and populate NOTICE PER date. Depending on your requirement you can choose to give notice on Objects too. This will mark this Contract as Canceled. This is an event and you can use it to control subsequent tasks in your business process. For this process you can set up Notification and reminders too.

There is a Notice Tool which you can use for mass termination too.

Thanks,

Jag

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jag.

Thanks for your reply. It has resolved my problem.

Regards

Shantanu