cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Deployment Issue

Former Member
0 Kudos

I deployed my App in Blackberry 9800 device. i started my App but it is not able to access my unwired server. What are all the things i need to run my application from Balckberry device. do i need BES or any other thing to access my server.My server is in Corporate LAN network. Please help me with this issue.Thnx in advance....

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

You are using MBS application or RBS application?

1.if it is a MBS application your device should register with the BES.

2. If it is a RBS, please check your server port was opened or not?

Regards,

Ram

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Thanks for your Reply Ram, I developed RBS application only.And one more basic doubt i am having can we access our unwired server directly or do we need pass through relay server...? why we need BES for MBS based application in Blackberry.

Former Member
0 Kudos

1. You can access your sup server directly, but port 2480(RBS port) should be visible for internet users, most of the enterprises wont allow this, because firewall wont allow to use 2480 port. So in this you should connect through only with relayserver of your own or through hosted realyserver.

It was well documented how to use hosted relay server in the following link,

http://infocenter.sybase.com/help/index.jsp?workingSet=SUP%202.0

2. MBS application always make connection with SUP server through BES only. Thats how it was designed. Once you made a successful connection between the device and sup server this BES information was saved in the SCC, if any data changes occur for that users it will automatically send the push notification to the device. without BES you cant send the notification to device, so the device not aware of the changes.

Regards,

Ram

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thnx again, Do we need BES even we are accessing our Unwired server in intranet connection.i connected my blackberry device with my organization intranet connection with that i am accessing my server. At that time also do i need of BES.

Former Member
0 Kudos

yes, you should need BES for making the conection between the SUP and device. If you are using the simulator to test BES was not required. But for device using the MBS application you must need BES eventhough you are in the local intranet or using the wifi connection. For RBS application BES is not mandatory.

Regards

Ram

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI ram i have one more Problem i developed one Application for Blackberry, which is the Sample one given by Sybase. The App is worked well in simulator. i deployed the app through Desktop manager in Torch 9800. Now the problem is app is not at all connecting with server while i making synchronization. I am connecting to my relay server.what could be the problem please help me in solve this issue. Thnx in Advance.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Please clarify my doubt.. You are using DAD to develop the application, if yes you have profile screen in the settings?

You have profile screen means go to options in the blackberry device and check the username, server name and log as well for connection status.

do you have log screen in your application, if no please include the log screen to see the synchronization error message .

Regards,

Ram

Former Member
0 Kudos

No i am developing aplication with SUP 2.0

Former Member
0 Kudos

oh sorry. Then as per my understand you are not developing application with hybrid conatiner,Jco application with native blackberry devlopment. You are using wifi connection or sim? if you are using the wifi connection it wont work.

Regards,

Ram

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi i am using sim connection. Then i have one more doubt please clarify that too, when executing our application,will that application go through the Service provider's BES.

Former Member
0 Kudos

You DON'T ALWAYS NEED BES to deploy SUP apps on BB devices.

If you are using WIFI on your device to connect to internet then just running the MDS service on the SUP server will suffice,

You can then connect to the system on the intranet without any issues.

Thanks

Pradeep

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI Pradeep your answers are really helpful. I am still facing same problem,yesterday i tried to connect with the unwired server as a MBS device using Blackberry. I installed all the required libraries to make the device as a MBS device. i created one device also in SCC. But still i am not able to connect the device with SUP. In my MBS log of device is shows as OutOfNetwork error. what is happening actually wether my device is connecting with network or not ,or do i need to maje some changes in SCC to make this device get connected with server. if you dont mind can you explain what are all configuratios you made in both the devices and server for your application. i am using BB 9800 device.please help me in solve this issue. Thnx in Advance.

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi FYI i amusing SUP 2.0 Personal developer edition.

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi FYI i amusing SUP 2.0 Personal developer edition.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Blackberry native apps use RBS communications (Replication based synchronization ) for communication to SUP server

iOS devices use MBS (Message based synchronization).

Workflows on any device use MBS based sync.

Thanks

Pradeep

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello everybody, this is my first question at this forum.

"I am having troubles, connecting my Blackberry 8350 (ios 5.0) to my SUP Server. "

This is my workspace environment description:

My SUP Server is working fine and perfect with iPhone

( I downloaded the CLIENT API through app store service, setup the connection parameters and works GREAT !).

then, i installed the MBS clientAPI for BB, the same procedure recommended by sap's connection tutorial

this files you can find them in this directory :

{<sybase directory>\UnwiredPlatform\ClientAPI\MBS\BB\MoMessaging}

but i still having this error log information "error comunications" in the Sybase Conection Log.

• SOLVED *******

Thank you anyway

Edited by: GCARLOVERAPERU on Oct 14, 2011 3:30 PM