cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sending alert email to non-PI user

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

I want to send PI error alert emails to recipients who do not have user ID in PI (because they are typically business folks). So I cannot mention their email addresses in fixed recipients, subscription or role-based authorization in alert category definition. Is there any simple way to send alert emails to non-PI users ? Thanks in advance.

Regards,

-Shankar

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member854360
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi ,

you can create a communication user in PI for that business folks.

You can create Email group in your Mail server. And add the relevent business users to that Email group in you mail server.

You need to ask your mail team to create a groupID

And create a Communication user for that email group.

Communication user will not be able to login to PI system

Communications (C)

User type for dialog-free communication between systems (such as RFC users for ALE, Workflow, TMS, and CUA):

A dialog logon is not possible.

○ Whether the system checks for expired or initial passwords depends on the logon method (interactive or not interactive). Due to a lack of interaction, no request for a change of password occurs.

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nwpi711/helpdata/en/9f/d12940cbf2195de10000000a1550b0/content.htm

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member200962
Active Contributor
0 Kudos
Is there any simple way to send alert emails to non-PI users ?

create a distribution List (DL) with the email-ids of the business folks....DL to be created in the mail server of the company (not in PI).

create a user in PI and include this DL in the email address field.....and then this user in fixed recipients....so even in future you have an addition to the list email will automatically go the new member.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for quick reply. Yes, I had thought about common user and group email ID. Will look into this.

Regards,

-Shankar

santosh_k3
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Abhishek,

We have created a groupID in Mail Server .

Then created a new user ( Dialog user ) in PI and added this user in the fixed receipients

but the mail is not reaching to the group mailID.

I have seen in the SOST , it says that the mail is sent successfully.

But the mail is not reached the users that are maintained in the group mailID.

please help on this.

Thanks & regards,

Sai