cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

approval workflow for external requirement

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

My company already implements Project System and Plant Maintenance, in which we generate PR from those modules, and the PR will be subject to release strategy.

At the moment we want to implement SRM 7.0 and we're planning to use Plan Driven Procurement scenario for the requirement generated automatically from PS or PM. As we can have a release strategy for PR generated from module PM and PS, can we have approval workflow for external requirement in SRM?

Josh

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes you can but not by standard (Since itu2019s not out of box functionality), on the other hand itu2019s real simple to do an RFC call to your external system and get the agentu2019s information...

All SRM need is only agent ID (User ID) to which the work item need to be assigned...

We too have same scenario i.e. business want to use R/3 release group determination which they have already... we implemented it and working real good...

Let me know if you have any questions...

Thanks!!

Bharath

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Bharat,

As far as I know the external requirement is not having a business object by itself (different with Shopping Cart), so do you create your own workflow?

Can you share more in detail?

Thanks in advance for your help.

Best regards,

Josh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

In my case, the requirement is to read the release group determination from R/3 system and used it in SRM SC approval process.. Itu2019s not necessary for me to create new business object..

Please brief me your requirement, I will try to help in the best way I can..

Thanks!!

Bharath

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Thanks for the reply. But I checked in SDN, it seems that someone already able to make a solution for that. But anyway my company has decided to call off the requirement

Josh