SAP for Utilities Discussions
Connect with fellow SAP users to share best practices, troubleshoot challenges, and collaborate on building a sustainable energy future. Join the discussion.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

how to assign function module to MDT

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

I've created a custom function module with same signature as ISU_VIRT_ATTR_REGIO_DEMO.

How to assign this custom function module to certain field in EPRODCUST?

I've read through http://sapwiki.cl/wiki/images/3/3b/Sap_isu_master_data_template.pdf but only mention need to use "Parameter" in "Services" column, and field name in "Val.". Is the field name is referring to field name in X_CONTAINER in ISU_PRODUCT_IMPLEMENT?

Appreciate for any suggestion and comment.

Please help.

regards,

Xiang Li

3 REPLIES 3

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Xiang Li,

You need to create your own MD Template Category from EPRODCUST. I would suggest to copy existing MD Template Category. Once you have your own custom MDT category, use menu - Goto -> Display Hierarchy (Shift + F1).

Identify your node and double click on the node. System will open a window where customize your own custom function module.

Then you can proceed with creating your own MDT and test it using EPRODCUST transaction. Once it is tested, you can use ISU_PRODUCT_IMPLEMENT.

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Avinash

0 Kudos

Hi Avinash,

Appreciate and thanks for your valuable input.

I have few questions in mind. Hope you can further help.

1. There are 3 function module after i have double click on the node.

Open Funct.Module

MODIFY Func.Mod

SAVE Funct.Mod.

Are these function module will be trigger in sequence? Do you know when these FM will be triggered? I used F1, unfortunately there is not much info on this.

2. If i'm want to use virtual attribute to populate value during run time. What should I do?

Thanks a lot again.

regards,

Xiang Li

0 Kudos

Hi Xiang Li,

1. Yes, they will called in sequence. As you might be aware, MDT will create data if we do not pass the key fields and if we pass key fields, then it will perform Modify operation. So, for create operation, we need to configure function module against "Open Funct.Module" and to change operation, we need to configure function module against "MODIFY Func.Mod". And Save function finally. In some places, where create operation is not possible, we can leave it blank.

2. If you need to pass values in run time, then you need to go to change mode of Master Data Template. Select the required node and set required attribute as "Parameter" Services. If you set parameter services, you can pass values in run time.

Regards,

Avinash