cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Send a fax with FM 'CONVERT_OTF_AND_FAX' does not work.

thomas_mueller8
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Gyus,

I want to send a spool request as fax out of the SAP system. Retrieving the spool request and converting it into OTF data works fine and finally I can pass it to function CONVERT_OTF_AND_FAX. This function passes back the following indicators:

fax_ok and office_objid, both are filled in my case. However I can't see any outgoing faxes in transaction SOST. What is missing? Is it a job or a commit work?

Does anyone of you have an idea?

Kind regards,

Thomas

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

thomas_mueller8
Participant
0 Kudos

From the fax server I get an error saying that some print controls, e.g. SF101 are unknown. So sending a fax out of a spool request is currently not working.

aidan_black
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Thomas,

The error Unknown Print Control SF101 in general means that this print control is not supported by the device type used. If the fax is sent via the standard SAPCONNECT, usually you can see which deviec type is used via transaction SCOT -> Settings -> 'Device types for Format Conversion'.

I guess you use a sapscript form or a smartform to create the fax. In the header of the form, there is a font family specified. e.g. SE71 -> <Form> Basic Settings. If this font e.g. COURIER 12pt is not supported by the device type used, you can get this error.

You can see which fonts are supported by a device type via SE73 -> Printer Fonts -> Device type. So you can chage the device type used or the font. Of course it may be somewhere else in the form that this unknown font is specified.(paragraph or character formats)

Regards,

Aidan

thomas_mueller8
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Aidan,

thanks for your answer, I will check it this evening.

However, after the sapscript spool request (normal printout) is created, I want to fax it via SAPConnect. Why should I change the device type for this output? Is this necessary and does it make sense?

Kind regards,

Thomas

aidan_black
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Thomas,

Even for converting from OTF to PDF or fimatting the OTF data for Fax, a device type is always necessary in the process. The device type is needed for the creation of the OTF data and the OTF must be correct before converting to PDF. For eaxample, if you are processing Chinese characters, the device type must be a Chinese device type like CNSAPWIN or a unocde device type like SWINCF.

Regards,

Aidan

thomas_mueller8
Participant
0 Kudos

A commit work was missing.

thomas_mueller8
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello,

After I added the commit work the sending process started as expected and I could see the output in transaction SOST. Now I get an error from the fax server saying that an unknown print control (SF101) should be output. Which parameters are important for FM 'CONVER_OTF_AND_FAX' or where can I get a description?

In general, is it posible to take a spool request (which was created for printout) and send it as Fax?

Kind regards,

Thomas