Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Strange language collision

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am in charge of vocabulary relevant jobs in sap 4.6c mdmp upgrading to ecc6. the method is CU&UC(combined upgrade & unicode conversion). I do detail step described in CUU46C_NW701SP01 guide according to sap note 928729.

I checked the language collision and found a trange situation.For example, there are two entries in table TFMTT. One is in language DE(german), the other is in language ZH(chinese). The table is in the 'tables with language info' section and status is green. That means the table has langu field and the enries have explicit value in langu field. It seems that i can't assign another language to the entries in spum4 except i change the langu value in database.

My question is should i correct it in database or i just let it go? I think i should let it go because the entries has exist for a long time and no problem is reported. Maybe the entry is outofdate.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

nils_buerckel
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi,

I would not correct such entries on DB side.

If needed, you can repair the data manually after the Unicode conversion via SUMG.

Best regards,

Nils Buerckel

1 REPLY 1

nils_buerckel
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi,

I would not correct such entries on DB side.

If needed, you can repair the data manually after the Unicode conversion via SUMG.

Best regards,

Nils Buerckel