cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Importing the .ear or .dtc file into standard ess component

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Earlier, we installed an ESS/MSS standard package and in one of the DC's of standard package we did some custom development. Due to some problem we are installing Standard ESS/MSS package again and we do have the backup of the development(.dtc file for the changed DC not SCA backup) we did for that DC.

Now after installation, we want to re-import the backup of that DC(.dtc) to Standard package. Question is, can we do that? If yes, how and what will be the side effects?

Thanks

Kanai

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

p330068
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Kanai

Please let us know if you have also re-deployed SAP_ESS component for web dynpro development. or only business package for ess deployed.

Best Regards

Arun Jaiswal

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Arun,

We just created new track and imported the ESS BP inside track.but previous we did some changes in esslea dc that is currently deployed in dev and qa and Prod and we have the folder level backup of this ESSLEA DC. But Now we want to deploy the recent ESS component so before deploying the ESS component we want the ess~lea DC should be restored from the local backup.

So that it would not hamper any business.

Hope its clear to you now.

Thanks

Kanai

shreyas_pandya
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Kanai,

As far as i have understood your problem...

Due to some reason you had to reinstall the ESS/MSS BP.

But, in Leave application you had done some customization, before reinstaling the ESS/MSS.

And you have a back up of that ess~lea DC at folder level.

And you want to restore your same old customized project source code into this newly installed track.

OK,

Here is what you can do...

Considering you have created the track again and everything is ready.

1) Import the Track (Development Configuration) into Developer Studio.

2) Find out the ESS~LEA DC, and create a project structure for the same DC.

3) this will bring all the standard ESS~LEA DC source code into your DTR-Cient.

4) Now, once the DC project structure creation is over, navigate to the DC folder in your DTR client (Local machine), i.e.Folder level.

5) Now, find out the folder that you had taken as a back copy.

6) And replace that folder with the back up you have, just copy paste your back up folder so that it will replace the existing.

7) Now ,come back to NWDS - Development Configuration perpective.

😎 Either you'll get a pop Up for creating an activity automatically, OR you may have to add the entire project into a new activity.

9) Now, Check-In this activity.

I hope you know the rest.

after check-in...

Activate, Release, Import into Cons, Assemble SCA and carry forward the .SCA to your runtime systems like QA and PRD.

Let me know about your findings.

Regards,

Shreyas Pandya

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kanai,

I am not sure about .dtc, but I am afraid .ear will not help you because it didn't contain the source.

You can reference this following link for information:

Regards

Bill