SAP for Public Sector Discussions
Foster conversations about citizen engagement, resource optimization, and service delivery improvements in the public sector using SAP.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Provision Entries posting without Budget Check

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear All

We are using FM-BCS, As per our Client business process every month end/year end Business will post provision entries and these entries will get reversed succeeding month. Now our Client wants to exclude Budget AVC for these entries.

How we can exclude Provision entries without Budget Check?.

Thanks in advance

Rao

23 REPLIES 23

mar_novalbos
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hello Rao,

you could achieve that behaviour by different means:

- by deriving a different Availability control object and/or Tolerance Profile, in a way that you get warnings only, or no message at all, when budget is exceeded

- or, for a certain AVC ledger, by defining filters (see this img activity: Budget Control System (BCS)>Availability Control>Settings for Availability Control Ledger>Settings for Availability Control Ledger // and >Define Filter Settings for Commitment/Actual Values)

- Or, by using statistical update (see the online help here)[http://help.sap.com/saphelp_erp60_sp/helpdata/en/f0/ca402d260211d28a430000e829fbbd/content.htm]

Hope this helps

kind regards

Mar

0 Kudos

Hi Mar Novalbos

Thanks for the quick support,

But if we make this commitment item as stastical nature System will allow for postings of entries without budget also. But we don't want to make this commitment item as stastical, since Budget AVC needs to perform for this commitment item for regular postings also.

Our query is incase of provision entries (these entries will get reversed in succeeding months) Budget AVC will not check and system will allow for posting of entried without Budget. But in Normal entries it should be check.

We tried in Commit/Actuals filter settings also there is no option available for provision entries. At least if any document type option is available then we can filter these entries without budgt AVC checking.

Kindly suggest is there any way to exclude Budget AVC only provisional entries.

Thanks in advance

Rao

mar_novalbos
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi,

which transaction/s will you use for those postings?

tx

Mar

0 Kudos

Hi Mar Novalbos

Thanks for the support,

I am giving one scenario:

PR is created with qty 2 , 100/-

PO is created with qty 2, 100/-

GRN is done with qty 1 50/- ( Status as on Year end)

Every year end/month end our Client wants to posting provisional entries with the amount of 50/- by Debiting Expense GL Account and Crediting Provision GL Account. This entry will get reversed in succeeding month/year.

For these provisional entries will be posted by the using T.Code FB01 (Budget should not check)

Thanks

0 Kudos

Hi,

As explained by Mar, you can exclude certain postings from budget check either by deriving them to statistical commitment item or by assigning specific tolerance profile to such postings via AVC functionality. So, picking the first option, if you have certain postings performed via FB01 and you want to exclude them from budget check, you have to define a strategy in FMDERIVE identifying such posting through some parameter - G/L account, business transaction, document type (most probably), etc. - and defining statistical commitment item for such postings. Working through AVC tolerance profiles is also an option, but it could be more difficult in architecting.

Regards,

Eli

0 Kudos

Hi Eli

Thanks for the support,

I agree with your inputs, But we make commitment item (Ex: CI 100100) as stastistical system will not check budget for regualar entries. i.e, invoice postings other expense booking. But as per the business requirements it should check Budget AVC for these entries.

Only In case of Provision entries (Document ZR) system will allow for posting of the entries (without budget also). Suppose if we use in invoice postings with same commitment item (100100) with document type 'KR' system sould check Budget AVC.

Hence the same commitment item will use in different nature of transactions. Only Budget AVC will not check for provisional entries (document type ZR)

Kindly revert with your valuable inputs.

Rao

mar_novalbos
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Rao

I have a question: you want to exclude certain document types from AVC. But what kind of update do you wish to achieve? statistical or not statistical? I am asking because you can either decide to consume budget without being stopped by AVC (i.e. non-statistical update and derive a tolerance profile not issuing the AVC errors) or do not consume budget (i.e. statistical update by using Badi FMRI, for instance)

thanks for clarifying

regards

Mar

0 Kudos

Hi Mar Novalbos

Thanks for your inputs; Please find the information;

As per the requirement Commitment item could not make statistical nature and also Budget needs to be consumed and Budget AVC check will be performed.

But incase of provisional JVs posting with document type 'ZR' system will consume the budget and it will not check Budget AVC.

Kindly revert with your valuable information.

Thanks in advance

Rao

0 Kudos

I see... Well, for this you can try implementing BADI FMCCAVC_DERI_ACCT. Enhance the structure with the document type field deriving it with FILL_ACO_ADDRESS_SUPPL method.

Regards,

Eli

0 Kudos

HI Eli

Thanks for the quick support,

We have checked this BADi but not able to filter/bypass documet type in Account Assignment derivation rules.

Please suggest....

Thanks in advance.

mar_novalbos
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi

I am thinking, this seems to be very tricky attempting to restrict AVC checks to FI document type only.

Why are you trying to achieve this through FI side? Isn't there any chance to post those provisional entries as 'funds blocks' or special budget documents? By that way, you may play with activity groups and/ or customize of certain budget types. For instance, if you post a Funds Block, you will get value type 80 and you could derive an special activity group. Then, you can associate that activity group to a more flexible tolerance profile and even suppress Availability control.

Isnt't this an option ...?

thanks!

regards, Mar.

0 Kudos

Hi Mar

Thaks for the valuable information;

Based on your information I will check other possible ways also.

Provisinal JVs (Accural/Dererral) will be posted through FI, So we don't have other option. If Business does not want Budget AVC check for this commitment item, then we don't have any problem and this Will exclude from Budget AVC control.

But Budsiness wants Budget AVC does not check/perform only for Provisional entries posting (Accural/Dererral). That is the reason we are trying to exlude budget AVC by using Document type.

I could once again check the possible ways by considering your inputs....

Thanks

Rao

0 Kudos

Hi,

I'm coming back to FMDERIVE option. Why don't you define another, dummy, commitment item and in case it's 'ZR' derive it? Of course, in this case certain posting on G/L account 'A' will be derived to commitment item 'A' and others - to 'B', but it's normal.

Regards,

Eli

0 Kudos

Hi Eli

Yes, now we both are in the same line.

I have given option to use Different commitment item (dummy) for Provisonal JVs posting.

But Business has not accepted and they want to use same commitment item for JVs posting also.

Finally I have given option to use different Fund center (dummy) for JVs posting. So that based on the Document type (provisonal entries) we can maintain the derivation rules to Dummy fund center.

Thanks

0 Kudos

Hi Eli

I have a concern/doubt

SAP has provided to exclude Budget AVC check for parked document, but there is no option of Accural/Deferral entries posting.

Since in any Business accural/deferral entries will be posted and same will get reversed in the succeeding months.

If this option is available then the issue will be resolved.

Thaks for your kind inputs and support.....

Regards

Rao

0 Kudos

Hello,

Sure you do. As long as your business is using SAP standard transaction ACACACT, ACACREVERS and ACACTRANSFER to process accruals, you can always exclude these transactions from AVC checking. Just do not forget to reconstruct AVC after the process.

Regards,

Ming

0 Kudos

Hi Ming

Superb..., Thanks for the quick support,

Kindly let us know how to exclude these transactions from Budget AVC check.

Based on the Business transaction wise or something else.

Request you, give the complete information to exclude these transactions from Budget AVC check (step by step if possible).

Thanks in advance

Rao

0 Kudos

Hello Rao,

In IMG,

1. BCS > Availability Control > Activity Groups > Edit activity groups - create an activity group, eg AC - Accruals

2. BCS > Availability Control > Activity Groups > Edit derivation strategy for activity groups - create a derivation rule with Source field as TCODE and Target field as ACTIVGRP

3. Manitain the derivation rule value: assignTcode ACACACT, ACACREVERS and ACACTRANSFER to Activity Group AC

4. BCS > Availability control > Edit tolerance profiles - for all the tolerance profiles your business uses, in tolerance limits, add activity group AC and flag it as inactive.

Note:

1. If your business is running these transactions in bacground, activity group derivation strategy will be different. If you can not figure it out, come back and ask us.

2. No AVC checking does not mean that consumed amount is not updated. They will probably need to reconstruct the AVC after they run accrual processes.

Regards,

Ming

0 Kudos

Hi Ming

Thanks for your valuable inputs and detailed information;

I will check with your inputs and get back to you.

I have a doubt on this, if Business useT.Codes FBS1 (Accural/Deferral posting) and F.81 (Accural/Deferral reversal) for Accural and Deferral documents posting , then Shall I follow the same process or different ?

Please suggest

Regards

Rao

0 Kudos

In step 3 you'll need to assign FBS1 and F.81 instead of the mentioned 3 transactions to the activity group. You may want to find out if they run F.81 in the background. If so, the derivation rule is different.

0 Kudos

Hi Ming

Thanks for your immediate and valubale inputs.

I will check the same.

Regards

Rao

0 Kudos

Hi Rao,

How did you solve this issue? I also have similar requirement.

Regards,

Santoshi

0 Kudos

Hi Mar

When you say:

by deriving a different Availability control object and/or Tolerance Profile, in a way that you get warnings only, or no message at all, when budget is exceeded

How do I get ... no message at all in a Tolerance Profile, because there are three options (E, W and I) and the Information option still shows a popup message (that I don't want).

Regards