cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

URL does not contain full domain specification - Webdynpro ABAP execution

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Friends,

I have rcently installed SAP AS ABAP and tried to run a webdynpro ABAP app. It gave me the error "The URL does not contain full domain specification (XXXXXX instead of XXXXXX. <domain>. <ext>)"

I am using Microsoft loop back adapter.

Hence, I have updated the profile(RZ10) for the parameter icm\host_name_full with my computer name and checked the hosts fle. Everything is perfect.

I am still getting the above mentioned message, hence I tried to ping via the command promt. It went succesful. Then, I tried nslookup and it gave me the below error

• Default servers are not available

Server : Unknown

Address ; XXX.X.X.X

• Unknown can't find <Server Name > : No response from server.

can you please help me with this..

THanks,

Srikanth.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

ashish_mishra2
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

You would need to maintain FQDN entry in hosts file of your computer. If it is already maintained then please check if correct entry is maintained along with IP address, hostname and FQDN.

Cheers !!!

Ashish

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Thanks for the info, I have verified the Profile Params as well as hosts file. All the paramerters are updated properly.

The computer uses Microsoft Loop Back Adapter as the Network and it has no domain attached to it.

By the way, the same machine has SAP AS JAVA also, and when I try with Localhost and the host name in the url, everything works fine. I am facing issues with SAP AS ABAP only.

When I look into Control Panel->System->Computer Name, it shows Host Name and Work Group. Hence I have mapped IP to the Host name.

Thanks,

Chiranjeevi.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello..

I am still facing this issue.. Any suggestions ?

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Srikanth,

now i run into the same issue. Did you solve this point meanwhile? Im using the Loopback adapter now but i still get the url in Administrative Data:

http://myhostename:8000/sap/bc/webdynpro/sap/zz_firsttry

Do you got out how the Url can be corrected when i create a Web Dynpro Application or where i can do the settings?

with kind regards

Frank

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Frank,

Update the hosts file with the loop back adapter IP and the host name mapping and restart the netweaver AS ABAP.

Please update the results how it went, and also what version you are trying to use now ?

Thanks,

Chiranjeevi.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Chiranjeevi,

i am using SAP NetWeaver 7.02 ABAP Trail Version.

Thanks for your response. After Changing the host file nothing happpend. Then I also followed this link:

http://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/30129979-011c-2e10-fb9b-a60e0d704...

At the beginning I faced a timout error. After trying again it worked. It was also a

necessary to restart the client after set some services to active.

with kind regards

Frank