cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP Installation Problem

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

Please forgive me , If Iam in wrong Category ..

I am trying to install Trial version of SAP NetWeaver 7.02 ABAP Trial Version from this site

http://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/sdn/index?rid=/library/uuid/80db43c2-9ee5-2d10-de8e-8547de363868

I am installing in Windows 2003 server , But Iam facing problem in Fourth Stage ( Install Database Client )

The error Message is

An error occurred while processing option SAP NetWeaver 7.0 including Enhancement Package 2 > SAP Application Server ABAP > MaxDB > Central System > Central System( Last error reported by the step :The database installer reported an error. DIAGNOSIS: Some database applications might still be running. SOLUTION: Check the log file sdbinst.log and C:sapdbdatawrkMaxDBRuntimeForSAPAS_install_ _ .log.). You can now:

Choose Retry to repeat the current step.

Choose View Log to get more information about the error.

Stop the option and continue with it later.

Log files are written to C:/Program Files/sapinst_instdir/NW702/AS-ABAP/ADA/CENTRAL.

I checked the file <b>sdbinst.log</b> File and here is ERROR

ERR: Installation failed

ERR: error installing

ERR: Cannot install package Installer

ERR: Extraction of package "Installer" failed

ERR: cannot copy file install/sdbrun.dll

ERR: cannot set time of copied file :Invalid argument

ERR: Skipping installation of package SAP Utilities Compatibility due to previous errors (root cause package Installer)

ERR: Skipping installation of package Global Listener due to previous errors (root cause package Installer)

ERR: Skipping installation of package Installation Compatibility due to previous errors (root cause package Installer)

Please help me ....

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Zulu,

It seems there is a bug in MAXDB and which is a known issue to SAP.

Check the below link and there are two solution, check if you can download the new fixed MAXDB from the

[Solution from MySQL|http://lists.mysql.com/maxdb/20363]

Change the zip file from 46 to 48.

Thanks

PY

0 Kudos

You should run the pre-requisites check from SAP NetWeaver 7.0 including Enhancement Package 2 > SOftware Life-Cycle Options> Additional Preparation Options> Prerequisites check.