cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Add fields into a new tab page

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi!

I am in cProject 4.0 and there is a functionality to add new tab pages with fields in cProject components. The IMG activity is Collaboration Projects -> Global Enhancements to Project Elements -> Show Additional Tab Page in cProjects.

The help for this activity specified that I only need customized it to works as well. It does not specified if I have to develop some extra BSP or webdynpro to work. I tried to put a new field in a new tab page in Project Definition, but only the new tab was showed. The new tab is empty.

I know that in cProject 3.0 it was necessary a BSP development. Is it necessary develop a BSP in 4.0 too?

Regards,

Rafael Soares

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi rafael

in cpr 4.0

<b>case 1

Collaboration Projects -> Global Enhancements to Project Elements -> Show Additional Tab Page in cProjects.</b>

the setting u do here is same as the badi that used to be implemented in cpr 3.1 for additional tab page. so here u will have to make webdynpro component (basically ur views and u will have to do all its handling)

<b>case2

Collaboration Projects -> Global Enhancements to Project Elements ->Define Field Groups for Customer Fields</b>

settings are same as cpr 3.1

when u use this setting u dont have to create ur own page ,, here u will define which fields u want (which u have added in the main structure for project/phase/task..)

hope this is helpful to u...

let me know if u want any clarity...

regards,

vivek mohankumar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vivek, how are you ?

I hope that you can clarify my doubts !

I created my own Web Dynpro Aplication and assigned it in the customizing from cProjects.

My aplication use fields the others tables (Z) and fields from table DPR_PROJECT (enhance CI_DPR_PROJECT). So, the logic to read and write my Z tables is working, but my problem is How Can I update the fields from CI_DPR_PROJECT structure ?

I imagine that I need to read the container from UI standard, but until the moment I can't resgate these values. In customizing is that if I use the fields from CI_DPR_PROJECT the update will be automatically.

Thank you very much,

Milena

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Did you guys figure out the problem?

I need help on the same issue. I cannot update the fields in CI_DPR_PROJECT structure.

The demo Component discusses to save values for non CI structures, but I could not find any good documentation on saving values in CI structures.

Please give me few hints on how I can save custom fields in CI_DPR_PROJECT. What method I should be using in the demo Web dynpro component?

Thanks,

P V

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I face the same issue.

Any updates. Kindly help.

Regards,

Anto.

xavier_dehairs2
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi, did you manage to make this work ? We have the same issue and for the moment no idea on how to solve it.

Thx,

Xavier