cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP Content server will not communicate with MaxDb 7.8

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello all

For the past few months we have been testing an upgrade from SAP CS 630 to SAP CS 640 and from MaxDb 7.6 to MaxDb 7.8. We are also moving both applications to a new server. We have test the process at least 10 times in the past 4 month and this weekend was go live. We shut down CS and put the database in ADMIN mode to do a backup of the most recent data. The database was transfered to the new server and was restored using Data Manager 7.6. Once the restore was complete, we ran the MaxDb 7.8 upgrade program as ADMIN and it appeard that eveything was ok. One other note, because on the old server the database was approaching the 90% mark, we increased the nubmer of data areas on the new server from 15 to 25. Everything appeard to go ok during the upgrade and I was able to connect to the database using Data Studio. Once we confirmed the database was what we though was stable, we CHANGE THE IP ADDRESS of the new server to that of the old server. We had done this during our testing and eveything appears to work OK with our test SAP instance. Well, this time when we connect to CS via the localhost connection, CS returned that we were on line with SAP, but that we were not connected to the database.

This is what we normally see:

contRep="L1";contRepStatus="data(82%) log(3%)";pVersion="0046";storage="ContentStorage

This is what we saw this morning

contRep="L1";contRepStatus="Online";pVersion="0046";storage="ContentStorage

Not sure what happened, but we ended up going back to the old server until we can determine what went wrong. Does anyboy have any suggestion as to why this could have happened and what we need to do to fix the issue.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

janlars_goedtke
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

I'm not sure, but in my opinion the content server always shows

contRep="L1";contRepStatus="Online";pVersion="0046";storage="ContentStorage"

The string with the filling which you call 'normal', was ist on 6.30?

Regards

Jan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jan, thanks for the reply

That is what I though too, but for some reason my co-worker remembers that during our testing the percent value was there. After the upgade on Saturday I was not able to connect to the database to either store or reterive documents so we though that we were not connecting to the database. We are going to repeat the upgrade tomorrow to see if we can recreate the problem and go from there.

valeriocicchiel
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello John,

just a question: are you sure that MaxDB 7.8 is released and supported for Content Server? Search in [http://service.sap.com/pam ]

Best Regards,

Valerio

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks all for the help, but we found the problem. 6 weeks ago we upgraded to ECC 6 and at that time we have a problem with the certificates, so we could not retreive any documents. There is a check box in the CSADMIN configuration that disables the check for the certificate, so we disabled the check. Everything work OK with patch version 9, even when we fixed the certifiactes. For some reason patch 11 did not like that box checked. Once we on checked the box, everything worked fine. Since we want to know why this makes a difference I have opened up a note with SAP to see if they can explain the problem

Thanks again

Answers (0)