Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SPM10.0 - Different FF ID Role Names

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi experts,

I have the following question for SPM10.0:

due to naming convention restrictions, I need the FF ID role to be different in 2 remote systems.

In my GRC system, I off course can only have one value for parameter 4010.

In the remote systems, I configured parameter 1089 and 1090 but they don't seem to get picked up.

Something I forgot?

Thx!

Edited by: Kraell on Jul 16, 2011 2:32 PM

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi, the role name has to be consistent across the GRC Box and it doesn't allow multilpe Firefighter ID role entries.

In other words, there can be only one value set for this configuration parameter 4010 and it is to ensure that the role is the same across different Plug-in systems connected to the GRC Box. This role has to be assigned to Firefighter IDs in the target (Plug-in) systems and the role name has to exist with same name in all plug-in systems.

This role is only used for the purpose of FFID to be recognized from the Plug-in system when syncronizing into the GRC box.

Further these Firefighter IDs are assigned to the Firefighters in the GRC Box.

Regards,

Andreas

simon_persin4
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi All,

Andreas is correct. The FFID Role is to identify the user as a Firefighter ID, not to grant the level of access to be used for FF Roles.

Once the role is assigned and the object sync job is completed, you can then configure the IDs per system from the NWBC / Portal side.

Simon

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Have you checked:

NWBC> Setup> Super User Administration and Super User Maintainence.

You should be able to see the roles. Also, run the ABAP program GRAC_ROLEREP_USER_SYNC which will update.

Regards,

Raghu

Edited by: Raghu Boddu on Jul 18, 2011 7:30 PM