cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Installation Error - SAP ECC 6 SR1. DB- Oracle & OS -Windows Server 2003

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I am trying to install SAP ECC 6 SR1 on Windows Server 2003 and Oracle Database.

I am getting the following Error

INFO Creating SAP system ports for DEV (my SID)

Error: FSL-02010 - Unable to set time for the file C:/Windows/system32/drivers/etc/services.2

i surfed the net and other forums to analyze what the issue might be. They all point out that i have to check the permissions on my windows. I checked the installation guide also for this.

But I am performing the installation with Ultimate administrative previlages.

Also, i found in the installation guide that sap system ports are created in the file .../drivers/etc/services.

Why is my installation creating a second Services file named Services.2?

Can you suggest me what the problem might be?

Regards,

Bharat

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

The solution is to make sure that you have full admin rights on all the drives on which you are installing. If you dont have, in the step where it creates the ports for the SID in the services file, it cannot save it due to lack of sufficient previlages.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Sunny,

The issue is now resolved.

The issue is basically because i was dual booting both Windows server and Windows 7.

Strangely, i did not have the admin rights on the drive that i had windows 7 installed.

So i removed the windows 7, completed the installation and configured dual boot windows 7 again.

Regards,

Bharat

sunny_pahuja2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

when it creates port in services file then it rename earlier services file and in your case it is services.2. So, user should have full rights on it. Make sure that user from which you are doing installation has full rights on all the drives.

Thanks

Sunny