cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Establishment of New client in place of Production

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear All,

We got a little requirement for creation of New client as that of existing Production data. As soon as this new client is ready (after uploading necessary data procedures which covers all license procedures, tan, pan and all necessary legal procedures etc...), we will inactivate existing Production server. Later we will plan for other systems across landscape. Our initial goal is get New server ready at earliest. We have all enough harware resourses in order to faciliate for 200 users.

Now my question is which is the best/recommended way to get new server ready.

Some options like Installing new o/s. database & sap application (erp6.0) along with Patch level (as per production status) and take prod export and import.

Another option like homogeneous system copy with all pre-requisites.

Or Take full backup(o/s level + brbackup) of existing prod and renaming the company code along with necessary renamings(in all prog, coding & invoicing etc..)

Is it possible with above any of the options (or ) apart from the above, is there any other best possible way to get it this new client ready.

Request you all please share your thoughts / procedures.

Rgds,

Gadde

I have gone through notes 24853, 70547 and few other notes covered in them also.

Edited by: Durga,Gadde on Jul 16, 2011 4:37 PM

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Durga,

I would suggest to go by Homogenous System Copy, by which everything is done in a single shot.

And other way i would recommend is to backup and restore procedure. which is simple and easy to perform with caution.

Well before i would like to know what OS and DB are you running, your hardware ?

-shashank.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi shashank,

Our O/S is AIX along with IBM Hardware and DB is Oracle.

Please suggest.

Rgds,

Durga.

Answers (0)