Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ACTION BOX IN Q3 NOTIFICATION

muhamed_faisal
Active Participant
0 Kudos

DEARS

Please tell me the function of item in action box found as follows( in Q3 notification type)

1.Solution data base

2.Create internal note

3.Request to deviate from specification

4.Log telephone call

5.Reset quality level

6.Tighten Quality level

Faisal

Edited by: Muhamed Faisal on Jul 17, 2011 10:18 PM

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

anand_rao3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Faisal,

I try to explain this.

Solution Database

1. As per my understanding this serves as reservoir for problems and their solution. As you know when you record any defect in notification it may have several causes and you take certain actions to eliminate it.

2. It may possible that for the problem of typical nature, the course of action is fixed. For example whenever you observe Crack (a defect) your planned action will always be reduce excess pressure.

3. If this is the case why shouldnu2019t create u201CCracku201D as symptom and u201CReduce Pressureu201D as its solution in solution database.

4. This helps to the new user that for this type of problem the solution is this.

5. The SDB contains problems (called symptoms) and solutions, and the associated data used to define them. You can create symptoms and solutions in database. And you need to link them in IS01.

6. I would suggest for detail insights explore IS01 T- Code. Go through this [Link|http://help.sap.com/erp2005_ehp_05/helpdata/EN/f2/4d0638017711d495d400a0c93029cf/frameset.htm ] also.

Create Internal Note and Log Telephone Call

1. Internal note is just for internal information purpose. The same is the case with telephone call log.

2. Whenever you type the contents in above action boxes, the same get reflected in activities in notification.

3. Typed message gets stores in long text of these activities.

4. Telephone call is just to document the telephonically concluded matters.

Request To deviate from Spec

1. I have limited knowledge about this. But this functionality is used to send an e-mail to a partner capturing notification information.

2. May be, you need to consult more with basis person in order to configure ITS server for this.

Reset and tighten Quality levels

1. You must be aware of dynamic modification rule and quality levels associated with it.

2. While recording defects you have the option to change the quality level from normal inspection to tightened inspection.

3. As a result of which you will be prompted to record more results for more samples depending upon sampling scheme and procedure you are using.

All these control works because in customizing each one of these action boxes have certain function modules assigned to them. As per you requirement you can customize new action box and even can create new FM

Regards,

Anand Rao

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member207800
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Check the information of function at configuration.

It will be helpful.

QCC0 > Quality Notifications > Notification Processing > Additional Notification Functions > Define Action Box > Define Functions for the Action Box

Select 'Q3' > Activities > Detail for activity > 'i' icon for each function module

Regards

Luke