cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Interface controller.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi friends,

I created on project. In this i created two COMPONENT CONTROLLERS.

In First component controller view create one button.

In the Second component controller view created table.

My aim is in this if i click on the button in first component controller view , Display data in the table in the second component controller(Get the data from the back end system).

But the model is in second component controller only, I need to call that execute method from first component controller.

please help how to this requairment?

Thanks & Regards,

Murali

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Murali,

I think you r looking communicate between two Components with Single Application.

For Example..We have one Application, that application Component (CompA and CompB). In CompA having input View and Submit Button and CompB Having Output Structure with Tabular Format.

Interface Controller means ..Communication Between 2 components with in Same Application

I hope this is u r Requirement.

So u can follow these Steps.

1. Create Application(SimpleApplication)

2. This application have 2 Components (CompA and CompB)

3. Go to Component Controller(CompA). Here u have to Create on Value Node(EmpNode). Under node u have to Some Value Attributes with Cardinality 1.1

4. After that doing mapping between Component controller to View Controller

Now goto CompB

1. Go to CompBàComponent InterfaceàDouble Click on Interface Controller- Go to Context Tab-àRC on Context--àNEW-àNew Value Node (IC2Node).

2. Go to IC2Node Properties----Cardinality = 1u20261 and isInputElement = True

3. Doing Context Mapping

Component Controller--- Mapping toàIC2

Second View ---Mapping to ---à Component Controller.

4. Communication between these two CompA and CompB

Go to CompAàUsed WebDynpro Components-àRC-àAdd used Component- Here Select CompB and Click OK.

5. Go to CompA--à Used WebDynpro Components-àCompTwoUsage-àDouble Click on Interface Controller

6. Go to CompA--à Used WebDynpro Components-àCompTwoUsage-àInterface Controller-àCompB-àRC --- Click on Edit and Mapping IC2(this is CompB Node) to CC1Emp(this is CompA Node)

Hope this is help full for u

Regards

Vijay Kalluri

p330068
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Murali

Use the View sets or View UI container to embed the other conponent interface views.

As SAP recommendation, try to separate the business logic data and display for users. As you have created the 2 dc's, for this you can create model dc (no visual entity) for calling and updating the RFC data and other funcctional dc (visual entity) for display to the user. From the fuctional dc you can call/access/update the model dc using the interface contoller.

Best Regards

Arun Jaiswal

junwu
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

how you put these two view in one screen?

A). put component B as used component in component A

in this case, you can put a method(execute the model) in interface controller of Component B, then A can call that method directly

B) put component A as used component in component B

for this case, you can do like this:

1.in A interface controller, create an event

2, create a method in A component controller to fire the event

3. in the view controller(event handler of the button), call that method to fire the event.

4. in the event handler of B component controller, create an event handler to subscribe the event fired by component A

Former Member
0 Kudos

This message was moderated.