Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Inintial Screen FPM

carlin_willams
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello All,

I have used initial screen and mainstep1 , Mainstep2 u2026.etc in the FPM-GAF.

When I am trying to set the values in the initial screen step , the values are not coming next mainsteps.

Example: In the initial screen one button is there, I am setting context attribute value and mapped to component controller , when I am trying to read in the mainstep1 the values are coming empty.

Looks like from initial step to mainstep values are not coming

How can I overcome above issue?

BR

-CW

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

saravanan_narayanan
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Williams,

are you using the same component in both Initial Screen and Main Step? if so then the data entered in Initial screen should be available in the Main Step. this is because of the same component instance.

If you are using different components in Initial Screen and Main Steps then data entered in the Initial screen wont be available in the Main step (even if you add the Initial Screen's component as used component in Main Step's Component). this is because in the Main Step, the used component will be instantiated again.

to achieve this you need to go for a singleton class to store the data entered in Initial Screen. Hope this helps.

BR, Saravanan

carlin_willams
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Saravanan

Thanks for your Inputs BUT

I am using same component for Initial Screens and Main Step Screen Still data is not getting passed from Intial Screen to Main Step Screen.

Could anyone throw some pointers on this issue?

BR

-CW

Former Member
0 Kudos

How you are navigating to the next step ?

if you are doing it thru code like

lo_fpm = cl_fpm_factory=>get_instance( ).

lo_fpm->raise_event_by_id( cl_fpm_event=>gc_event_next_step ).

then you should first set the values in the initial screen step then write your code to navigate to the next screen

carlin_willams
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello

lo_fpm = cl_fpm_factory=>get_instance( ).

lo_fpm->raise_event_by_id( cl_fpm_event=>gc_event_next_step ).

I am navigating to NEXT Step like above....before navigating i am setting the values.

When i m coming from Intial screen to Mainstep the values are coming empty.

BR

-CW

saravanan_narayanan
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

this is really strange. I created a sample application to test this behavior and works perfectly. in the sense the data entered in the initial screen is transferred to the Main step.

thinks I did.

1. Created a component with two views and two windows

2. created and context node with single attribute and mapped it to both the views

3. iin both views created a form to display the attributes

4. in the first view created a button to navigate to next_step

5. in configuration, embedded the first window in Initial screen and second window in the Main step.

thats it. the data entered in first view is transferred to the second view i.e to the Mainstep

I hope you did the same thing.

BR, Saravanan

Answers (0)