cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

RBE in Solution Manager

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Before I ask, here's our situation. I can monitor transaction used by users in our ECC system but for only 30 days via SM20. Also I can check in ST03N as well. I would like to know if it is possible for solution manager to perform this function and also to store this type of data longer than 30 days (say for a 15 month period) so security can analyze on an on needed basis.

-Wes

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks, I will take the recommended approaches.

-Wes

Former Member
0 Kudos

The audit logs in SM20 will stay around for as long as you need them to. I generally keep at least a year's worth available. They take up disk space, sure, but not of the same order as the DB so I don't see it as a huge problem. If you are happy with the analysis you get from SM20 (it is very slow reporting over long time periods!) then perhaps the simplest solution is to stop archiving the audit logs?

Steve.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I need to understand 1 thing, are you looking to reverse engineer? or just do a trend analysis?

If you are looking to do RBE, plz see my response in this thread:

The tool you are looking for is Solution Documentation Assistant. It uses 90 days of EWA data.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I want to use it for trend analysis and daily investigation on users who ran what. It appears this function is possible in solution manager, however only for 90days.

-Wes

Former Member
0 Kudos

Solution Manager Diagnostics will let you perform trend analysis based on custom dates, if that is what you are looking for.