cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Issue in determining Low level codes

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gurus,

We are having an issue running heuristics when running along with Temporary low level codes. We are in SCM 7.0 environment.

The SNP Heuristics jobs are failing with this message "Low-level code

not available for product XXXXXXX at location XXXX

Job cancelled after system exception ERROR_MESSAGE"

Also, the message in the job log for the product in was flagged for deletion and I am not too sure why is this being picked up for processing and then failing?

I tried using SDP relevance as '1' for the product flagged for deletion for testing purposes and then the program is not considering this SKU, but stopping at another SKU and also that SKU is flagged for deletion. But the flip side of using SDP relevance is that that setting is at global level andmay have issues where the SKU is active.

I have couple questions:

1) Is there a way for the program to skip the code which has an error and move forward instead of failing the job? and provide a spool with error codes.Also, to provide the LLC number for all the correct SKU's instead of failing at that point and not generating the LLC's?

2) Why is the program also considering the codes which are flagged for deletion which should not be the case?

Also, I tried another way of maintaining the codes in thevariant which are not flagged for deletion and tried running heuristics in the background but failed at a point and it gave a message stating Low-level code not available for product XXXXXXX at location XXXX, Job cancelled after system exception ERROR_MESSAGE

But the product which was displayed in the job log is an active SKU. I am not too sure why the job failed with this error?

I tried running that individual SKU in the background including the temporary determination of LLC, it was successful. I am not too sure why it failed when it was a part of selection?

Any suggestions, would really help us a lot.

Thanks and regards,

Murali

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

For avoiding SNP heuristics run terminations, we used following procedure.

1 For prodcuts marked for deletion we used to change the SNP planner code in product master( very specific planer code to be used only for products marked for deletion)

2 In the SNP heuristics background run, we used selection profiles , and location products selected based on selection profiles

regards

Datta

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

Further to above reply, please find additional information as below.

In SNP planning, if the low-level code determination process fails, the system provides detailed information about the reasons for failure, as well as information about the percentage of master data objects for which low-level codes have been calculated. Based on this information, we can decide whether or not to use the incomplete results by implementing BAdI method /SAPAPO/SNP_LLC -> CHECK_RESULTS. We can use incomplete results only within process chains.

Regards

Datta

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Datta - Thanks for the replies. I was able to have a workaround by using selection profiles excluding the Procurement type 'P' and it worked.

At our client, whenever a product is made 'non-X0' in ECC, procurement type is set to 'P' and by excluding that piece in the variant I was able to continue with my processing.

But still, don't you think the products which are flagged for deletion shouldn't be picked up heuristics?

Thanks and regards,

Murali

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Murali,

Yes, normally we expect the behaviour as you have written.

One more option we used in one situation was to Run SNP heuristics with Net Change Planning.

For products marked for deletion, we do not expect to have any transactions and hence no planning file entries.

Regards

Datta