cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

STRUST SSL Identities for different virtual hosts

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

We created two virtual hosts (e.g: a.domain1.local and b.domain2.local) and two different SSL Server Identity with certificate have been created as well (first for a.domain1.local and the other for b.domain2.local).

The problem is:

When client (browser) access to the first site:

To a.domain1.local then WEB AS provide the correct SSL cert (a.domain1.local which called "standard" Server PSE in STRUST)

But when I access to the second site via browser (b.domain2.local) then the SSL cert remain the same: a.domain1.local so it seems the second SSL identity could not be reached from WEB AS.

Any idea would be helpful.

Thanks in advance,

Peter

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi:

Possibly ssl for b.domain2.local wasn't configured property? If end user go to b.domain1.local then go to a.domain2.local, will the same issue occur?

Regards

Derek

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Derek,

In this configuration there is only one host for each domains. So there is no b.domain1.local and a.domain2.local.

But in the meantime I have read some documentation and if I am correct then it seems this situtation can only be handled with at least two application servers and in that case different SSL PSEs and SSL certs of different domain names can be assigned to these application servers.

Thanks,

Peter

Edited by: Peter Kalmar on Aug 4, 2011 10:00 AM

Edited by: Peter Kalmar on Aug 4, 2011 10:01 AM